Rams go 14-2 in 2018, and Wins Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Smack Shack' started by LoyalRam, Aug 8, 2018.

1. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Registered

8-0.....14-2 is just 6 more wins....6 & 2 is very doable. But I have to admit, I want 16-0 regular season, and a freakin' Super Bowl!

2. Ronin

Ronin ASFN Contributor Contributor

Who do you fear more? Saints or Eagles?

Yes I am discrediting the Vikings because I do not believe in Cousins.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    LoyalRam and cardncubfan like this.
  3. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Registered

I honestly think this team is the best most complete team in the NFL, however, on any given day....

I think the Saints are more talented than the Eagles, and the Eagles are dealing with an after Super Bowl funk. The Eagles are also getting everyone's best game. I also think the Eagles have a QB who hasn't learned this lesson: Carson is not a RB. If he (Carson) persists in leading with his head while running, he'll last only a few years in the NFL.

So I don't know if fear is the right word. I think if the Rams don't play their best, the Saints can beat them.

I am super stoked about finally having talent on the edge. Dante Fowler was a disappointment in JAX, but I am very confident that Wade Phillips can bring out the talent in him. Suh will be moved back to DT from DE, and be next to maybe the best DT in a generation in the middle. I've seen some video of Fowler off the edge, and I had an "oh shyte" moment," in sympathy for opposing OC's in the NFL. I think we will see Fowler this Sunday on passing downs, at least.

We'll see.

Ronin likes this.
  4. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Registered

Ok, 16-0 is dead....I'm reeling right now, because I thought we were good enough to go 16-0 and then 19-0....Even fellow Rams are relieved that we lost, but fark that. I was expecting greatness, and now we are slightly less than that. If you asked me whether I'd be freaking over the moon happy about 8-1 back in 2016. Hell yes. But Sean McVay taught me to expect more, and I do.

Congrats Saints, you bastids. The Rams will remember this loss, and NEXT time we see you, we'll have Aqib Talib and healthy.

5. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Registered

Thought I'd check in. The Rams are 10-1, and going into the bye and aside from giving up 51 points to the Chefs, I'm feeling pretty confident about at least achieving 14-2. Aqib Talib is a critical returning player, because I think he makes the defense better. He is stability with the other CB's in Wade's system. HE makes the defensive calls normally in the backfield and helps guys get lined up and he is the #1 CB and not Peters. Marcus is a really good #2 CB, but struggles in man-to-man in covering #1 WR's. The Rams need a second or two more for the Dline to get at the QB.

I think Mark Barron is gone after this year. He has always been light for a LBer, but he has been slowed by injury.

I hope the Hawks lose this weekend so that the Rams clinch the NFC West while eating Thanksgiving leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  6. Ronin

LoyalRam likes this.
  7. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Registered

We are now 11-1 and have clinched a second NFC West title, two years in a row. It's not enough.

8. Ronin

14-2?

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  9. Ronin

10. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Registered

Guess we'll have to settle for 13-3 and a Super Bowl, eh?

Ronin likes this.