Rams continue to grow money: sign Bobby Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bobby wagner was on a terrible defensive team and still beasted out. Cardinals dont want to compete its obvious. instead of paying kyler trade him and start rebuild because we are not beating rams any time soon. might as well wait for their contracts to end on the rams.
Yes run for your life !!!!

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bobby wagner was on a terrible defensive team and still beasted out. Cardinals dont want to compete its obvious. instead of paying kyler trade him and start rebuild because we are not beating rams any time soon. might as well wait for their contracts to end on the rams.
How about we sign Kyler to a massive deal but instead of backloading his deal we front load it. That way the cap hits become small right as the Rams are starting to lose pieces.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Like I said. Cap means nothing if you really want to win.
The Rams we’re supposed to be in cap hell after all their big signings last year.
From what I read the Rams are just now getting big cap hits from Goff and Gurley off their books.
These links might help everyone understand the cap magic with the Rams compared to us. It doesn't have Bobby on the books yet. The big thing to me is how much money we've spent on Hudson and Humphries.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/yearly/cap/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I read the Rams are just now getting big cap hits from Goff and Gurley off their books.
These links might help everyone understand the cap magic with the Rams compared to us. It doesn't have Bobby on the books yet. The big thing to me is how much money we've spent on Hudson and Humphries.
Remember when everyone said the Goff and Gurley contracts were gonna choke the Rams cap and screw them for years?

How people keep trotting out that line of thinking… every single year for what’s been half a decade now is beyond me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we signed a 32 year old LB to a 5 year deal at $10m per this board would go nuts.

It's probably more like a 2 year $15m per deal when the detail comes out.

But either way, no thanks.

The Cards ain't competing with the Rams. Even trying to would be a ridiculous waste of resources. The Rams were already way ahead of us in roster construction and if we went out and blew this year and next years cap all at once we would still be lagging.

We are building a roster for 2nd place and the playoffs. Better to save the cap space until the Rams strategy catches up with them, which it eventually will.
2018 called… they want it’s bad take back.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not about the Rams signing Wagner. I could’nt care less. It’s watching other teams signing players and improving their team.
We could of signed a guy like Cedric Wilson or Byron Pringle.

Say what????

That’s right. neither one of those guys would have been cap breaking earth shattering signings. Instead we are either going to use a 1st round pick on a Wr, or we’ll draft a “ gem” that “ slipped “ to us in round two. Or maybe the Wr that unbelievable luck we had that Joe Schmo slipped to the 5th round.

Worse yet we sign Green or Jones for yet another patch job contract.

We suck.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is not about the Rams signing Wagner. I could’nt care less. It’s watching other teams signing players and improving their team.

Say what????

That’s right. neither one of those guys would have been cap breaking earth shattering signings. Instead we are either going to use a 1st round pick on a Wr, or we’ll draft a “ gem” that “ slipped “ to us in round two. Or maybe the Wr that unbelievable luck we had that Joe Schmo slipped to the 5th round.

We suck.
LOL @ Byron Pringle.

That's like hand wringing at not signing Trent Sheffield.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Humphries is being paid an average salary for a LT. Not a bad contract at all.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL @ Byron Pringle.

That's like hand wringing at not signing Trent Sheffield.
It’s better than what we have. I’m sure Malik Turner will push us over the line. Read the whole post.
Affordable, fast, and would be great as a 3rd or 4th option.
I guess your right 42 catches for 550 yards and 5 touchdowns really sucks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't draft ilb #1 2 years straight and then sign bobby Wagner at 31
You miss the point entirely of why people are upset here.

People here didn’t want to sign Wagner. It’s the fact that the Rams consistently find ways to not only win big, but figure out a way to keep adding big pieces to their team despite always being in “cap hell.” Meanwhile, the Cardinals have done nothing this off-season to add to last year’s team, while losing big pieces of what made the team successful for the first 3/4s of the season before their epic collapse.

Not really that hard to understand.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Say what????

We suck.
I am calling it now, the Cards are going for need in the first with a edge rusher regardless of who else is there. That's the one position they have not even seem to give a token nod towards

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How about we sign Kyler to a massive deal but instead of backloading his deal we front load it. That way the cap hits become small right as the Rams are starting to lose pieces.
He’ll then complain he’s underpaid at that time and hold out for a contract better reflecting those of his peers completely ignoring the front loading.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Lets not turn a non-Kyler or even non-Cardinal thread to something else….again.
I was responding to a prior post about KM. Let's not pretend what we do with him doesn't affect everything we can do moving ahead. This is a Cardinals' board, it all comes back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard