R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2020)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No time like the present to start this annual thread...

:jedi:

R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From 2-0 and promising to 2-2 and "Meh" just like that.

Clearly this Kyler Murray experiment is going to be a long and bumpy ride.

Ironically, no one is busting on those of us that were not as optimistic about the pick these days...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm still in wait and see mode, but it's not going to take much more for me to be in here. I envision us beating the Jets, but Dallas and Seattle I'm not very confident about. I see us at 3-4 going into the bye and maybe at .500 after the Dolphins game, but a 4-4 record at the beginning of November doesn't have me jumping for joy.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still in wait and see mode, but it's not going to take much more for me to be in here. I envision us beating the Jets, but Dallas and Seattle I'm not very confident about. I see us at 3-4 going into the bye and maybe at .500 after the Dolphins game, but a 4-4 record at the beginning of November doesn't have me jumping for joy.

I actually thought we would be 4-1 going into this game. Throwing away the DET game and we would have been there. If we can beat an injured Dallas team, we go to 4-2. Not bad at all.

We usually play Seattle pretty tough too. Wish the game was in Seattle instead of at home, lol.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From 2-0 and promising to 2-2 and "Meh" just like that.

Ironically, no one is busting on those of us that were not as optimistic about the pick these days...

If you weren't optimistic about Murray after seeing how bad we were two seasons ago, you are truly a darksider.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

throw in KK as well.

Rudy Carpenter had some good observations on 910 the other day--

1. Kliff is still a young coach still learning the NFL.
2. K1 is still a young QB still learning the NFL. He thought the lack of a real offseason and preseason this year delayed some of the progress.
3. Unlike Balt or KC that had top 10 rosters when their 2nd year QBs took over, the Cards roster is better this year, but still a work in progress.
4. Team should get better as the season goes on, but there will be ups and downs because of items 1 and 2.

also, FWIW: Carpenter noted that when he watches all-22 tape, K1 is missing 6-7 open guys a game where KK's play defeated the defense, but K1 just didnt look that way or whatever. He thought that as the season goes on, he will start finding those guys.

Rudy is pretty tell it like it is -- and i was surprised by his optimistic tone.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
throw in KK as well.

Rudy Carpenter had some good observations on 910 the other day--

1. Kliff is still a young coach still learning the NFL.
2. K1 is still a young QB still learning the NFL. He thought the lack of a real offseason and preseason this year delayed some of the progress.
3. Unlike Balt or KC that had top 10 rosters when their 2nd year QBs took over, the Cards roster is better this year, but still a work in progress.
4. Team should get better as the season goes on, but there will be ups and downs because of items 1 and 2.

also, FWIW: Carpenter noted that when he watches all-22 tape, K1 is missing 6-7 open guys a game where KK's play defeated the defense, but K1 just didnt look that way or whatever. He thought that as the season goes on, he will start finding those guys.

Rudy is pretty tell it like it is -- and i was surprised by his optimistic tone.

I think there are PLENTY of reasons to be optimistic. Murray does have some ELITE traits and he has clearly demonstrated that. His ability to run can only be matched by a few QBs in NFL history. And he has gotten better in the pocket this year.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So frustrating to watch this team throw away winnable games and not take over the division when it is there for the taking.

Still on the Vance Must Go train. Lacks creativity. I could understand some of the decisions if we had a young still-learning the game hotshot as DC, but not a vet like Vance.

Also still sick of our HC getting way too "cutesy" when he needs to just steamroll over a team.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently I'm a bad luck charm lol I watch a few games? We nose dive. I ignore the game? We rock. I need to ignore more games :)

So, I take it you were watching Thursday Night Football last night?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
My hope is that I am still wrong.

Sub-.500 college coach
Undersized QB
Gimmick offense

Murray needs to step up in the pocket ever once and a while, and I cannot think of the last time he did. I have seen him try and scramble through the middle of the pocket, but not step up with eyes down the field.

Concerning.

But......I think I am still wrong about the QB being too small. I think Murray is OK, how much better than Lamar Jackson I am not sure but you can win with Murray.

Kingsbury is being out coached at the moment, will he be able to up his game? We will see.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
If Kliff isn't going to coach Murray to step up in the pocket because of his lack of height and limited vision, then he will have to slide the pocket or incorporate roll outs into the playbook. We make it way too easy for the defense to contain Murray in the pocket.