R-E-S-P-E-C-T

legend

Veteran
Reaction score
Today, I was listening to the "Daily Blender" - local sports radio. They kicked around the "Is Kingsbury still on the hot seat" notion.
"Well . . if they make the playoffs but lose in the first round . . maybe he keeps the job .. on the condition an offensive coordinator is brought in . . . "
WTHeck ?? 10-2 on the season - First place in the NFC . . WT...Heck ??
What does Kingsbury have to do to get some respect around here.
We were the Worst team in the league when he was hired.
WWWWWWWLWLWW
Yeah . . we need some coaching up for this guy . . WTF ?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
He’s def not on hot seat. He has made big strides and improved a lot. I was very critical of him and he is winning me over.

Don’t go for it on 4th down on your side of the field vs Panthers. That’s the only one I hated this year. I think.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He’s def not on hot seat. He has made big strides and improved a lot. I was very critical of him and he is winning me over.

Don’t go for it on 4th down on your side of the field vs Panthers. That’s the only one I hated this year. I think.

Well, that one (on which I agree with you), and then also the 68 yard FG attempt against the Jags. That one started the infamous "that's why you fire Kliff" thread. :)

But like you, at the start of the season, I was concerned about K2 also. You can't really argue with 10-2 though, and he's the NFL coach of the year if ask me.

I like that he's stayed out of trouble too. Young guy with too much money in a big city like Phoenix could talk himself into some trouble if you know what I mean. Obviously no arrests or anything, but also not even any pics of him out partying. Never any hint though of him being anything but hard working, and nose to the grindstone.

We'll see if he can sustain it, because that's not easy either. But for now, Kliff is hanging in there like a boss.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I saw at the Panthers game on the Cards sidelines, it was my opinion at the time it was an attempt to inject some energy and life into the team. When he made that 4th down call. They were just dead. It didn't work.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
From what I saw at the Panthers game on the Cards sidelines, it was my opinion at the time it was an attempt to inject some energy and life into the team. When he made that 4th down call. They were just dead. It didn't work.

That's an interesting take.

We were so flat that game... I can see what you're saying there ajcardfan.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It was also my take, and I got panned for saying it at the time.

KK has the best (highest) 4th down conversion ratio, I think.

Note: there weren't any complaints, to my recollection, about the KM to Dhop throw on 4th and two last weekend when conventional thinking would call for a 3pt attempt when on the road.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Note: there weren't any complaints about the KM to Dhop throw on 4th and two last weekend when conventional thinking would call for a 3pt attempt when on the road.
Actually @TJ complained

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually @TJ complained

Note: there weren't any complaints about the KM to Dhop throw on 4th and two last weekend when conventional thinking would call for a 3pt attempt when on the road.
And you can bet there would’ve been a whole laundry list of posters complaining about what a crap call it was if it didn’t succeed…. And how the playcalling was utter garbage

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And you can bet there would’ve been a whole laundry list of posters complaining about what a crap call it was if it didn’t succeed…. And how the playcalling was utter garbage
Facts. If KM over throws DHop there. We would have had 4 pages of KK has t learned and he is terrible. The crazy thing is. Before you type anything bad about KK stop and remember Wilkes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Facts. If KM over throws DHop there. We would have had 4 pages of KK has t learned and he is terrible. The crazy thing is. Before you type anything bad about KK stop and remember Wilkes.
You are correct. But watch the replay. I believe Kyler chose the most difficult throw to make. Conner was wide open at the 10 yard line and I believe not only would he have guaranteed the first down, he would have scored.
I actually wonder if that will be pointed out when watching the film.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Note: there weren't any complaints, to my recollection, about the KM to Dhop throw on 4th and two last weekend when conventional thinking would call for a 3pt attempt when on the road.
There’s a world of difference between those. In trying to inject life in the panthers game he punched the final nail in the coffin that game. Not every 4th down opportunity is created equally in terms of field position, time of game, or momentum. The risk/reward of the panthers 4th down call was so tilted against going for it I’m still shocked he did so.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Speaking of respect - On nfl gameday highlights Chris Rose asked (what's his name - used to be a Chargers running back?) why are people NOT talking about the Cardinals. He kinda smirked and said something like 'they have to prove they are not a fluke, last year they started hot but crashed, they don't think this offense will translate into the playoffs' etc.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
100% agree, the energy on the field was so dead that the stadium was dead too. It was so bad.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a world of difference between those. In trying to inject life in the panthers game he punched the final nail in the coffin that game. Not every 4th down opportunity is created equally in terms of field position, time of game, or momentum. The risk/reward of the panthers 4th down call was so tilted against going for it I’m still shocked he did so.
What time was that call made, late 1st Q, early 2nd? That shouldn't have been the final nail at all.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are correct. But watch the replay. I believe Kyler chose the most difficult throw to make. Conner was wide open at the 10 yard line and I believe not only would he have guaranteed the first down, he would have scored.
I actually wonder if that will be pointed out when watching the film.
Cards official podcast quoted Kyler saying "I had a guy wide open for the first down but my read took me to Dhop and the endzone"

Im paraphrasing but that was the gist of it

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of respect - On nfl gameday highlights Chris Rose asked (what's his name - used to be a Chargers running back?) why are people NOT talking about the Cardinals. He kinda smirked and said something like 'they have to prove they are not a fluke, last year they started hot but crashed, they don't think this offense will translate into the playoffs' etc.
He's absolutely correct

Show me time