R-E-S-P-E-C-T

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of respect - On nfl gameday highlights Chris Rose asked (what's his name - used to be a Chargers running back?) why are people NOT talking about the Cardinals. He kinda smirked and said something like 'they have to prove they are not a fluke, last year they started hot but crashed, they don't think this offense will translate into the playoffs' etc.
I saw that segment & I thought it was Maurice Jones-Drew (former Jaguars RB), but Ladanian Tomlinson is on the NFL Gameday roster so maybe i'm mis-remembering.

...dave

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct. But watch the replay. I believe Kyler chose the most difficult throw to make. Conner was wide open at the 10 yard line and I believe not only would he have guaranteed the first down, he would have scored.
I actually wonder if that will be pointed out when watching the film.
In Murray's post-game press conference, the second question was about that play: "You could've played it safe I guess, and just gotten the first down. How did that end up being a touchdown?" Murray responded, "It's one of those things - if I like Hop, take him. It ended up being Zone. I think if you go back and look at it, I could've played it safe, we had somebody else wide open. But, in my eyes, that's the best receiver in the league, so you give him a chance, and he made a play, so it was good."

The followup question was, "How important is it, you seem to think big, does that just help in those situations...?" Murray responded, "Yeah, no fear. Trust in the work that we put in, trust in the plays. My read took me there, and yeah, Hop made a great play."

...dave

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you didn’t think that was the final nail you didn’t watch the game. It was absolutely over at that point.

And if one decision that was made in the 1st quarter down only 14 points was the nail in the coffin, that says a lot more about the team giving up than it does about any one play call.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And if one decision that was made in the 1st quarter down only 14 points was the nail in the coffin, that says a lot more about the team giving up than it does about any one play call.
It happens. Obviously the game completely snowballed from there. It doesn’t say anything about the team giving up. It says on that day, with those circumstances, they had to be closer to flawless to win. Compounding poor play with completely unnecessary risk that early in the game ended it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson