Quick Thoughts - Tennessee

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Fitz hasn’t been on the team the last two years. Hopkins, Green, Kirk, Moore. Who you talking off for Fitz?

Why the hyperbole? Obviously, he's not the player he once was. But to clap back at someone saying it's weird to not watch a Cards game with Fitz, arguably the best player in Cardinals history, is a bit odd.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The AJ Green debut reminded me of the Suggs debut. Didn't look as buttoned up mentally as I thought he would.
Man...My first thought was that he might not be better than Fitz. Or maybe we should have used some of that money on Dan Arnold.

Hopefully he and Kyler get in rhythm. Lost quite a bit of money today on AJ. Really thought he would breakout. Vegas had his over under at 2.5 catches and 38 yards. I thought it was stealing. Yikes.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Man...My first thought was that he might not be better than Fitz. Or maybe we should have used some of that money on Dan Arnold.

Hopefully he and Kyler get in rhythm. Lost quite a bit of money today on AJ. Really thought he would breakout. Vegas had his over under at 2.5 catches and 38 yards. I thought it was stealing. Yikes.
I know it doesn't count as yards, but didn't he have a couple of PIs against him?

It wasn't an amazing first game (but it wasn't needed) but I didn't think it was any particular cause for concern. He's not really a focal point anyway.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, if you weren’t even a little bit sad that Fitz wasn’t on the team for the first time since 2003, you aren’t human.

Love Fitz but if you didn't say out loud on that short screen to Rondale that went for like 20 yards "last year Fitz gets 3 on that" you're not human either. Love Fitz if he wants to play great welcome him back but replacing him with AJ and Rondale I think is a major upgrade at WR

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Drew Brees says he’s on the Arizona train….national recogonition….that means we are going to lose next week lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently people don’t get that you can be sad that someone’s gone but know that it’s for the best for the team
We’re all just heartless :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Love Fitz but if you didn't say out loud on that short screen to Rondale that went for like 20 yards "last year Fitz gets 3 on that" you're not human either. Love Fitz if he wants to play great welcome him back but replacing him with AJ and Rondale I think is a major upgrade at WR
What was I saying all offseason?

Moving Kirk to the slot and plugging in AJ made the entire WR corps better.

I'm excited about this team.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Don't expect Jones to get multiple sacks every week. He went up against a backup tackle who played his entire career at RT who for whatever reason was playing LT yesterday. I only got to watch highlights of the game however I thought the Oline was shaky on pass protection from what I saw. The defense looked solid overall. Got to give Vance credit where due.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't expect Jones to get multiple sacks every week. He went up against a backup tackle who played his entire career at RT who for whatever reason was playing LT yesterday. I only got to watch highlights of the game however I thought the Oline was shaky on pass protection from what I saw. The defense looked solid overall. Got to give Vance credit where due.

He got 3 sacks on Lewan who's coming off ACL surgery, and 2 off the backup.

Yeah he's not getting 5 sacks every week we all know that but the reality is he's got plenty left in the tank he showed that yesterday with speed rush and bull rush. He's back

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tons to be thrilled with and of course some concerns.

KK has to get his substitution process figured out so the penalties and TO's getting burned up doesn't happen.

Hicks has the confidence of VJ and his teammates but I see what I see and hope Collins learns quickly.

JJ Watt had a good game and really helped in stopping the Titans run game but I wanted more from him on the pass rush. My biggest concern is that Chandler seems to ignore JJ like he doesn't like him because he got paid and he didn't...yet. Probably me just over thinking stuff.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KK has to get his substitution process figured out so the penalties and TO's getting burned up doesn't happen.

Hicks has the confidence of VJ and his teammates but I see what I see and hope Collins learns quickly.

JJ Watt had a good game and really helped in stopping the Titans run game but I wanted more from him on the pass rush. My biggest concern is that Chandler seems to ignore JJ like he doesn't like him because he got paid and he didn't...yet. Probably me just over thinking stuff.

If CJ is mad at JJ and gets sacks every week as a result of it then I hope they hate each other (-:

I saw them congratulating each other multiple times I don't see any animosity and it's clear the whole team supports CJ that make it rain thing made that perfectly clear

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Chandler is making $15.5m in salary this season and has garnered $98m over his career.

He knows that there's more to come.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hicks 61 snaps. Collins 22.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The AJ Green debut reminded me of the Suggs debut. Didn't look as buttoned up mentally as I thought he would.

The stepping out of bounds catch was a bad mistake and it wasn't a great start, but otherwise they kinda limited him.

Green is a downfield guy. He runs deep crosses, posts, go routes but we gave him Kirk's old route tree and had him running 8 yard comebacks and out routes. Got to use his skillset better. They get Green downfield with the CB's back to the ball Green will come down with it 9 times out of 10.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stepping out of bounds catch was a bad mistake and it wasn't a great start, but otherwise they kinda limited him.

Green is a downfield guy. He runs deep crosses, posts, go routes but we gave him Kirk's old route tree and had him running 8 yard comebacks and out routes. Got to use his skillset better. They get Green downfield with the CB's back to the ball Green will come down with it 9 times out of 10.

Kyler also has to learn to use Aj's size. that play in the endzone yes it was PI that wasn't called with the left hand but Kyler has to throw that ball higher so that AJ's size advantage comes into play.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler also has to learn to use Aj's size. that play in the endzone yes it was PI that wasn't called with the left hand but Kyler has to throw that ball higher so that AJ's size advantage comes into play.

Many of his throws to AJ were on the low side actually. Good point. You need to keep them up so he can use his height and long arms and take the CB out of the picture.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose