Quick Poll - After taking Murray/Brown at 1.1/2.1, keep Rosen or Trade for a high 2nd

After drafting Murray/Brown at 1.1/2.1, should we keep Rosen or take trade offer of a R2.2-6 pick?

• Definitely keep Rosen for various reasons

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Trade Rosen if we can get another good player before his value diminishes

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Best to
1. Keep Rosen as insurance, or
2. Take a high 2nd rounder to get another starting player who can help us rebuild our team and help Murray, such as a red zone target like Whiteside or possibly a good TE.

Rosen on the bench vs another good starter. Give Josh a chance to succeed elsewhere .... do we owe the kid that opportunity?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t owe Josh anything. But it’s a toss up what to do with him. Don’t give him away if not for value.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as a thought experiment:

given the emphasis NFL teams put on getting young, inexpensive QBs that can play

wouldn't it say something about Rosen if the best he could fetch was a 2nd rounder?

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I don't know about you dogs, but maybe all the news reports and evaluations are influencing me. I seem to be losing faith in Rosen, and getting a bit excited at the chance to see Murray run our new offence. Just hope as time goes on that we get him all the weapons he wants and needs. Two more good starting WRs, or 1 w/ good TE, is a must this draft.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we draft Murray, I'll be interested to see where Rosen fits in this year's QB class. Last year he was the fourth QB selected, and with a year's experience he should move up to at least third, behind Haskins. Eight days to go.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about you dogs, but maybe all the news reports and evaluations are influencing me. I seem to be losing faith in Rosen, and getting a bit excited at the chance to see Murray run our new offence. Just hope as time goes on that we get him all the weapons he wants and needs. Two more good starting WRs, or 1 w/ good TE, is a must this draft.
Hey...welcome to the dark side! :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
as a thought experiment:

given the emphasis NFL teams put on getting young, inexpensive QBs that can play

wouldn't it say something about Rosen if the best he could fetch was a 2nd rounder?

No, it would say we you outplayed by teams that have options and hold all of the cards. The moment we select Murray, we HAVE to get rid of Rosen. Some team will be able to squeeze us, especially if 3-4 QBs go in the top round. There’s going to be one team left going “this is the only chance you have.”

The best chance now is to trade Rosen to a team who is gun shy about getting one of the other guys they like. Rosen hasn’t proven enough yet to show he’s going to be tantalizing enough to give anything up for. I love the guy, but the rest of the NFL has us over a barrel.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just watched the latest Keim interview....when he talked of Rosen...it was high praise and looked right in the reporters eyes....re: Murray he gave good info but looked away. His body language IMHO says they're staying with Rosen.
I'd guess they're looking for a trade partner.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I just watched the latest Keim interview....when he talked of Rosen...it was high praise and looked right in the reporters eyes....re: Murray he gave good info but looked away. His body language IMHO says they're staying with Rosen.
That would be the smart thing to do keep Rosen for 1 year at least get the Q or as I want to call him Dockett II and role from there

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or Murray is his full house and he doesn't have a good poker face.. haha

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Imagine the genius of The King designing an offense with Rosen under center or in the shotgun, DJ lined up behind him, and Murray beside DJ in a new hb/swing position (call it QHB - quarter halfback) where Rosen could fake handoffs &/or pitches to either or both and then pass it, hand to DJ, swing it out to either DJ on one side or Murray to the other, hand or pitch it to Murray who now turns into a running/passing type option QB while the D is trying to decide what's up you have Hollywood going deep locking up the cb & s on one side, LF crossing short middle, DJ continuing from backfield now as a WR down the opposite side, and our new TE clearing out deep middle. One word - Completelyunstoppable.

Last edited:

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
If Murray is in fact our choice, I would like to see us get a proven player for Rosen instead of a draft pick. If the Redskins want him, I'd see if we could swap Last years 1st rd picks, 2 players on Rookie deals. Rosen for Da"Ron Payne. Skins would be crazy to do it IMO, but they do need a QB. Payne is a Beast ! He was the reason Q Williams could'nt get on the field until last season. He Instantly becomes our best d-lineman

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson