Quarterback Questions

OP
OP
S

shake-n-bake

Reaction score
tell me did Holmgren ever lead Young to the superbowl....... nope your boy Holmgren hasnt devolped a qb since farve.(bad choice of coaches to compare him with) he did give griese alot of money and that was probably a mistake i guess no one can be perfect. I guess if an average coach has won more games than any other current head coach since 1995 he is indeed very average.

Last edited:

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by shake-n-bake
tell me did Holmgren ever lead Young to the superbowl.......nope he did give griese alot of money and that was probably a mistake i guess no one can be perfect. I guess if an average coach has won more games than any other current head coach since 1995 he is indeed very average.

Going back to 95 includes Elway. Take out the Elway years where he inherited the great QB and you'll find his record is only slightly better than .500.

And you forgot to answer my question, if Shanahan is so great, why didn't he develop a QB in Oakland so he wouldn't get fired as the head coach?

OP
OP
S

shake-n-bake

Reaction score
I have no idea but ill tell you this im gald he didnt becuase i hate the raiders. my guess would be it takes more than a season and 3 games to devople a QB

If Griese put up the numbers he put up in denver in arizona he would be one of the best all time quarterbacks to ever put on a cards uniform. And I dont think Griese got let go because of lack of production we were the 3rd ranked offense last season. I think it had more to do with some personal reasons.

but were getting off topic here. this was about why do quarterbacks not play well in arizona but do well playing for other teams.

no one has answerd my question which is what do you expect outta blake this year with the talent around him ?

Last edited:

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score

...no one has answerd my question which is what do you expect outta blake this year with the talent around him ?

I think if Blake had last year's team, he would have put up a couple more wins than Plummer did. Blake makes less mistakes than Plummer. I don't know enough about all these new receivers to say how Blake will do with them.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have no idea but ill tell you this im gald he didnt becuase i hate the raiders. If Griese put up the numbers he put up in denver in arizona he would be one the best all time quarterbacks to every put on a cards uniform. I dont think Griese got let go because of lack of production we were the 3rd ranked offense last season I think it had more to do with some personal reasons.

but were getting off topic here. this was about why do quarterbacks not play well in arizona but do well playing for other teams.

no one has answerd my question which is what do you expect outta blake this year with the talent around him ?

aa;lkoiiopuajn, asl;dkfouopier, aqsdl;kjaoie,

aslkdnfoeifj Plummer, aopdsifn0, Plummer.

alkndmfasoe, Pluiasdl;kfasd, Itriedtospellplummer.laskndoulasdlfasl;dknm

a;sldkf asdl;kfn;

as;ldkf;lk; ;lkasd

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
aa;lkoiiopuajn, asl;dkfouopier, aqsdl;kjaoie,

aslkdnfoeifj Plummer, aopdsifn0, Plummer.

alkndmfasoe, Pluiasdl;kfasd, Itriedtospellplummer.laskndoulasdlfasl;dknm

a;sldkf asdl;kfn;

as;ldkf;lk; ;lkasd

rotfl :D :thumbup:

Shawn

OP
OP
S

shake-n-bake

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ....... you guys are soo funny. I guess when people pose a tough question the easiest thing to do is to make fun of the person asking it

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ....... you guys are soo funny. I guess when people pose a tough question the easiest thing to do is to make fun of the person asking it

Like most things, the reasons are varied and in alot of cases there were multiple reasons working against players in each case.

Steve B - I think the fact you have a 6 year gap tells me there was a maturation process in there that certainly didn't hurt him. It would be alot more impressive if it was the NEXT year for the difference.

Dave Krieg - 1994 Lions and 1996 Bears were simply better teams. 1995 was the last season for Buddy Ryan and the team had been built up defensively in Buddy's eye and the offense suffered horribly for it. The team imploded that year.

Boomer - He had already peaked by the time he got to AZ with the benefit of hindsight, however Boomer also led a thrashed Cards squad to a 7-9 record in 1996. That team was still torn apart from Buddy having complete control.

These QBs have all have questionable running attacks but looking for specific 1000 yard rushers isn't the best measure but rather how did the team do as a whole rushing the ball. Last year, for example, the Cards did a very nice job as a team running the football even though they didn't have a 1000 yard rusher.

In the end, there are a myriad of reasons for failures here.

I assume, you being a Bronco fan this all relates to Jake. What all these other QBs have in common that Jake doesn't is by and large they all had better decision making skills. Jake was hampered by alot of things in his career here but nothing more than his ability to make decisions and run complex offenses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison