Quarterback on Netflix

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the series Quarterback on Netflix? I started watching it and have really enjoyed it. It features Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota during the course of their 2023 season. What really stood out for me is the hours invested by all three into studying film and prepping for each opponent.

If you haven't watched it, I would highly recommend it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the series Quarterback on Netflix? I started watching it and have really enjoyed it. It features Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota during the course of their 2023 season. What really stood out for me is the hours invested by all three into studying film and prepping for each opponent.

If you haven't watched it, I would highly recommend it.
Paging KM, paging KM

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've watched the entire thing. Can't stand Mahomes' wife. Love Kirk and Julie. Marcus and his wife are great as well.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, but I read where they want to do a season 2 and are having a hard time finding QBs to commit to it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How exactly is he to do that to your satisfaction?
Learn to read a defense

Coming back from a physical injury is very tough and he seems to putting in the work

But it won't help him in reading a defense

Coach Gannon has stated that he will force him to learn by watching the D and how Rallis sets them up

Only time will tell if he's learning

Playground ball only lasts so long until DC's figure out your tendencies

Until then I will continue to call him out

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Learn to read a defense

Coming back from a physical injury is very tough and he seems to putting in the work

But it won't help him in reading a defense

Coach Gannon has stated that he will force him to learn by watching the D and how Rallis sets them up

Only time will tell if he's learning

Playground ball only lasts so long until DC's figure out your tendencies

Until then I will continue to call him out

The League figured KK's offence, ergo KM's tendencies in that design, which increasingly required him to play 'hero' ball.

And, if you've listened to Gannon, there has been no need to 'force' KM to do anything; he's a willing, enthusiastic participant.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The League figured KK's offence, ergo KM's tendencies in that design, which increasingly required him to play 'hero' ball.

And, if you've listened to Gannon, there has been no need to 'force' KM to do anything; he's a willing, enthusiastic participant.
What do you expect Gannon to say?

It's all positive spin right now in TC

He's not going to say anything negative about KM until he's seen for himself

If we believed TC talk from coaches Cap Capi and many more were starting material

I'm a loyal fan of this team

But I don't put my head in the sand when I see areas that need improvement

It's called reality

Until shown otherwise this is where I am

I'll be the first to commend KM if/when he shows the improvement

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we believed TC talk from coaches Cap Capi and many more were starting material

It's called reality

He showed a good account of himself for 2.5 years, and then one down year.

When people become 'Missouri,' they often forget what their eyes showed them in the past.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved the show.

You really see the beating that these guys take!

Hard not to like Cousins. Became a big fan after watching this show. What a great guy. He is kind of funny as well. Not afraid to make fun of himself which I totally respect.

Mad respect to Mahomes. That kid does whatever it takes to win. And we were so close to having him as the Cardinals QB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved the show.

Hard not to like Cousins. Became a big fan after watching this show. What a great guy. He is kind of funny as well. Not afraid to make fun of himself which I totally respect.

Mad respect to Mahomes. That kid does whatever it takes to win. And we were so close to having him as the Cardinals QB.
Mahomes would have broken his ankle in his rookie year and then retired if he were on the Cards.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When people become 'Missouri,' they often forget what their eyes showed them in the past.
NFL stand for "not for long"

What have you done lately?

After DC's figured out his run backwards and spin moves they countered

I was very happy when he was playing well, but you could see the flaws in his game even then

As a player you should always try to improve yourself in any, every way or you will get passed by

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Kyler was always a mercurial personality through the ups and downs. I mean, people are falling all over themselves with happiness that he... showed up to OTAs... came to training camp... appeared in a Cards marketing video.

This is the soft bigotry of low expectations at work. It's better than the alternative of him playing Fork Knife on Twitch eight hours a day, but let's not pretend he was Joe Burrow until November 2021.

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Loved the show.

Yeah, Cousins comes across really likeable and it's hard not to feel for the guy. He certainly puts in the effort and tries to be the best he can. You gotta give the guy credit for standing in there with the rib injury he had.

As for Mahomes, crazy dedication to his craft. I wonder how many QBs watch 4-5 games of their upcoming opponent to try and gleam some small tendencies he can take advantage of. I now understand how Andy Reid is so successful. He knows how to get his players to buy into ownership of offense and have a vested interest in it. I wonder how many HCs let their players come up with plays and run them in practice to see how they work and is willing to insert them if he thinks they are good. Had to laugh when Reid said he holds 51% of the vote on any of those plays getting in. Hell, they used one Mahomes came up with against our Cardinals and scored on it.

Mariota also came across as a good guy. Think he got a bit of a raw deal in Atlanta. Some of those loses during their losing streak had nothing to do with him. He would get the team ahead late and their defense failed to hold and they lost the game. A couple he got pounded by bad protection and a deflected pass gets intercepted in another.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wonder how many HCs let their players come up with plays and run them in practice to see how they work and is willing to insert them if he thinks they are good.
If you listen the the Playcallers podcast from the Athletic (it's a five-episode miniseries exploring the Shanahan-McVay coaching tree), you'll hear RGIII (?) talk about installing one of his college plays his rookie season.

Also, Rams offensive linemen were adjusting plays on the field during the Super Bowl. Really cool.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler was always a mercurial personality through the ups and downs. I mean, people are falling all over themselves with happiness that he... showed up to OTAs... came to training camp... appeared in a Cards marketing video.

This is the soft bigotry of low expectations at work. It's better than the alternative of him playing Fork Knife on Twitch eight hours a day, but let's not pretend he was Joe Burrow until November 2021.
Who is pretending that?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's called reality

DUH!

The proof of a pudding is in the eating; we get it!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Good show - enjoyed the Mahomes coverage the most - dude has whatever that gene is - that almost compulsive nearly narcissistic competitive gene you see in a lot of proven winners

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's called reality

No you won't that's ******** your mind is already made up