Probably not true, but did the Maxx injury take the life out of the offense (until late)? How do we replace him

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was all over wanting us to take Freiermuth in last years draft. It’d be nice to have him now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This dude was invisible and the weakest link on our team every year he's been here except for a couple games this year. I feel bad for the guy, he's an awesome dude as a person, but we'll be okay.
Uh no. He was frequently injured, so maybe that’s why you thought he was “invisible.” But the teams running games were usually at their most effective when he played and suffered when he was out. There’s more to TE than just catching passes.

I don’t think people realize that maxx was a second round pick of Baltimore’s. And (this shocked me) he ran the third fastest time of all TEs at the combine his draft year. His downfall was a litany of knee and ankle injuries and the drafting of hurst and Andrews. When healthy he’s a hell of a TE. It’s just rare for him to remain healthy for long.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What do you think about Mo Alie-Cox? @Chopper0080
To be honest, I don't know how good he is as a blocker. As a pass catcher I don't believe he is as good as Demetrius Harris so I don't know that we get better in that regard. He is a free agent after this year so we would still not have a TE under contract for 2022 and would have to give up an asset to get him which I don't like for long term roster standpoint. I think I would just sign a street FA if we are going that far down the talent pool and use more 10 or 20 personnel.

The key with getting a lower level talent player who is a FA next year is you almost have to do a player for player trade to make it worth it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It was a position of need THIS year, and we're about to pay for not addressing it.
Good news is that it should be an above average year for TEs in the upcoming draft. So if we can keep our picks, we will have some options to add good and inexpensive player that way.