Preseason: Adelaide 36ers @ Suns Sunday game thread, 10-2-2022

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are down on Cam Payne coming off the bench against the 36ers unless you are just looking at stats.

He was one of the few bright spots with the energy he brought to the second unit.
Read what I wrote. Unless bright spots only includes his 2 point shooting I am not sure what isn't clear. I also said it's only one game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Losing the game is no big deal and yet, not winning that game is concerning. You make valid points but our starters should have outpaced them by more than 11 and our bench shouldn't have been handled that easily.

Even if we ignore everything else about that game, if we can't play better 3 point defense, we're in for a tough season.
Exactly. If the 36era starters are that much better than our bench then those guys should be our bench and our bench should be looking for jobs. This is the nba. Every player that sees rotation minutes should be better than guys outside the league.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have no good will left in the NBA media.

Every time we lose we are gonna get destroyed and everyone is going to call us frauds.
That's fine. Team seems to do better as an underdog anyway.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. If the 36era starters are that much better than our bench then those guys should be our bench and our bench should be looking for jobs. This is the nba. Every player that sees rotation minutes should be better than guys outside the league.
Not always true. Some bench players are there just for their potential.

However I don't think guys like Damien Lee have any potential, and he was pretty awful.

I actually can't wait for Dario to play so all you fanboys are forced to remember just how much he is capable of sucking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns were most vulnerable last season when teams shot well from outside from three. Then, when the Suns compensated, opponents went inside. Teams keep going back and forth with this style.

Seemingly, the Suns can't guard the 3-point shot with their current switches dating back to the playoff series with the Mavericks. Monty might want to rethink how the Suns switch or rotate on defense.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

However I don't think guys like Damien Lee have any potential, and he was pretty awful.

I actually can't wait for Dario to play so all you fanboys are forced to remember just how much he is capable of sucking.
That's a crap thing to say. Maybe save your fanboy insults for another board, it's inappopriate here.

Dario has had a checkered past with the Suns. He was a liability for most of his first season but was one of our best players in the bubble. Then, he followed that up with a pretty decent though unspectacular season if you consider that he was dealing with nagging injuries and trying to recover from them until we finally lost him to injury in the championship season.

We have no idea which Dario we're going to get especially given the injury. Maybe he helps us, maybe he doesn't. But hoping he helps us doesn't make anyone a fanboy.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Don't worry I'm sure there are a ton of other things you can pat yourself on the back for.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fanboys? Sounds like you don't even understand the meaning of that word. Way to antagonize the board as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fanboys? Sounds like you don't even understand the meaning of that word. Way to antagonize the board as well.
I'm just tired of hearing how he is going to solve all the suns problems, when he is simply not a good player.

Your correct I should not have posted that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just tired of hearing how he is going to solve all the suns problems, when he is simply not a good player.

No one is saying he’s going to solve all our problems.

Your first post was bad enough, but to then posting this kind of crap above sucks also. Does nothing to project straw men arguments into discussions where they don’t exist.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Yeah what? Who said Saric was going to solve all our problems? I want to see if him being back can make Payne play better than he did last year, but that's not saying he's going to "solve all the suns problems".

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
He wasn’t the one defending most of the threes shot, but quite frankly I just don’t agree that there is really much you can do to defend the 3. These guys shot several 2 to 3 feet behind the line and off the dribble.

really The only defense for hot 3 point shooting is to make your own on offense.
Trading twos for threes doesn't work out too well mathematically.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, but it was largely them against their starters. Not to mention all of the guys that were playing for us that won't be on our roster. Losing that game isn't really a big deal.

Who cares that they were their starters? They aren't NBA players and NBA players, even bench NBA players, should be better than them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I missed out on this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Uh this suns squad doesn’t have a single “potential” player beyond okogie imo. These are all guys on a championship caliber team expected to contribute. So that argument goes out the window in regards to the performance of our bench.