Preseason: Adelaide 36ers @ Suns Sunday game thread, 10-2-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kudos to the Adelaide 36ers. They earned the win.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton in postgame interview.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is Mikal Bridges talking to the media.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig could be the backup 4, at least for now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol, thank God I sold my tickets for this one!

Yikes.

I think preseason is pretty worthless but whatever bench rotations Monty was trying out… try something different from here on out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the best highlight of the night for the Suns is a Devin Booker dunk.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who’s our defensive coach??? Seems the blueprint is out there on how to beat us.

Maybe change the arena lighting or something. Teams come into our building and just light us up sometimes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who’s our defensive coach??? Seems the blueprint is out there on how to beat us.

Maybe change the arena lighting or something. Teams come into our building and just light us up sometimes.

I'm not sure who the Suns defensive coach is but Kevin Young was a candidate to fill the head coaching vacancy at Utah.

Previously Willie Green was a top assistant with the Suns before he was hired as the head coach for the Pelicans.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the 20/21 season we went 0-4 in the preseason... hopefully we go injury free and lose the next 3 too.

Have I mentioned that I think preseason is stupid, worthless, pointless, stupid, and pointless?

I really hate the preseason. I hate it more in the NFL, the inherent injury risk is far higher, but I hate it nearly as much in basketball. You cannot simulate a real game in an exhibition.

It's the same reason all-star games are such freaking trash.

I have little doubt that the vets on this team are telling guys, "this crap doesn't matter, protect yourself... maybe work on your shooting". Games with the intensity of a pregame shoot around and even less importance.

I don't care if it costs us a couple games at the start of the year as the team finds their stride (they started off slow the last 2 years also).

I... freaking... hate... the... pre... season.

I also hate that I had to pay for it as a season ticket holder, but I hated it just as much before they made me pay for it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In the 20/21 season we went 0-4 in the preseason... hopefully we go injury free and lose the next 3 too.

Have I mentioned that I think preseason is stupid, worthless, pointless, stupid, and pointless?

I really hate the preseason. I hate it more in the NFL, the inherent injury risk is far higher, but I hate it nearly as much in basketball. You cannot simulate a real game in an exhibition.

I have little doubt that the vets on this team are telling guys, "this crap doesn't matter, protect yourself... maybe work on your shooting". Games with the intensity of a pregame shoot around and even less importance.

I don't care if it costs us a couple games at the start of the year as the team finds their stride (they started off slow the last 2 years also).

I also hate that I had to pay for it as a season ticket holder, but I hated it just as much before they made me pay for it.
How much did you pay? I heard tickets were going as low as $3 a piece.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much did you pay? I heard tickets were going as low as $3 a piece.
I have half season tickets, they are 35 dollars per ticket per game, a set of 4. It's actually a pretty good deal, they're front row, upper deck.

The team claims to put a weight on each ticket's value based on opponent, date... ect ect, so something like the season opener or Christmas gets assigned heavier.

That said... the preseason game, no matter what you get, is a 35 dollar charge... per ticket.

I sold them a month ago for 25 dollars per seat, I put them up really early when there were not many available and, apologies to whoever bought them, I think they got duped by the temporary lack of a market.

They probably paid nearly 40 dollars per ticket after fees... I'm going to get about 20 dollars... after fees. Ticketmaster has a real nice scam going.

The preseason in general is a scam. I suspect the vast majority of season ticket holders tried to sell this game. Charging full price for a terrible exhibition is a joke. Looking at the box score what annoys me the most is that we actually played our starters for 22 minutes a piece. If I ran the team they wouldn't even have put on a uniform.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol, thank God I sold my tickets for this one!

Yikes.

I think preseason is pretty worthless but whatever bench rotations Monty was trying out… try something different from here on out.
Believe it or not, the Suns didn't play that badly.

It was more about the 36'ers shooting out of their minds.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sure, shoot over 50% from 3 and you will beat the Suns.

Very hard to actually do that though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In 22 minutes, Cam Johnson was 2-7 from the field, 0-4 from three, with 3 rebounds and 3 assists for 4 points.
Yeah he’s looking just like the cam johnson that ended the season . . . not a good player.

In fact, the suns overall - particularly on defense - look like the underwhelming lot that finished the season. And just as a note, this isn’t Australia’s best team. They finished 7th in their league.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Meh. Starters played less than half of the game and were a +11 in their 22 minutes on the floor. The bench should have done better, but they were playing a team that has much more continuity than our bench does.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he’s looking just like the cam johnson that ended the season . . . not a good player.

In fact, the suns overall - particularly on defense - look like the underwhelming lot that finished the season. And just as a note, this isn’t Australia’s best team. They finished 7th in their league.

It was a bit eye-opening, as the Suns did look a lot like the team that finished last season against the Mavericks.

Suns weren't stopping anyone on defense.

Of course in this game Cam Payne played well with 23 points, 4 assists and 2 steals along with 2 turnovers. Phoenix could have used this version in the playoffs last season.

The Suns played as if they were short a starter in Jae Crowder and the bench was short a rotation player in Cam Johnson.

McGee was missing as well but given time, I think Jock Landale may be a capable backup center.

Giving the 36ers credit, it's hard to see almost any NBA team shooting this well 24-43 from 3-point range (55.8 %) although some teams came close last season.

Dallas shot 19-39 in game 7 from three (.487). Sadly, it was not an enigma.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I look at preseason as an extension of training camp. Of course, I'm not paying $35 a ticket either, so I understand your feelings, although you seem to have come out quite well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose