PreDraft notes. Draft news leading up to draft day.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
1h

Over the last couple of weeks, the Dolphins called the Bengals on more than one occasion to see if Cincinatti would be willing to trade the No. 1 overall pick. The Dolphins were told, in no uncertain terms, no. Cincinnati would not trade the pick and would stay put at No. 1.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
5m

More than ever, teams will try to work out trades before the NFL Draft begins just in case. To that point: The #Lions have been engaged with multiple teams on potentially trading out of the No. 3 spot, sources say. Things have heated up over the last 24 hours.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I think Simmons is a risk, I dont mind taking him at 8, just not sure what position he plays for us. My other concern is he pretty much got waxed by LSU in the NC game. I get that one game but it wasnt pretty.
Brown / kinlaw would start at DE
Okudah/ henderson would challenge alford for cb2
Chaisson would compete with kennard
Delpit would start at FS
Murray would compete at mlb

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He used a slang meant to demean a generation. I called him out...

I respect all generations. All generations pump out outstanding individuals and a few outliers.

Your words of wisdom come as if you are talking down to me. I’ll leave it that...
I didn't want it to sound like I talk down to you, sorry if it came across that way. Just wanted to make clear that this whole Millenial, boomer, internship ... blabla has made more bad things than good things, and that we all should respect each others more, even if sometimes we don't understand the struggle others have, the struggles are for real most of the time.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Simmons does nothing else but take us from worst in the league against TE's to say....top 10 against TE's....then he is worth it. We have had such a problem with that over the years it has flat out cost us games.

I Also think Simmons could be a solid pass rusher from the inside, which we haven't had since DWash.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Simmons is a risk, I dont mind taking him at 8, just not sure what position he plays for us. My other concern is he pretty much got waxed by LSU in the NC game. I get that one game but it wasnt pretty.
Brown / kinlaw would start at DE
Okudah/ henderson would challenge alford for cb2
Chaisson would compete with kennard
Delpit would start at FS
Murray would compete at mlb

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Over Budda Baker? Put down the crack pipe :p

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
1) Yes
2) far from it
Lots of questions on him. His fundamentals stink and wasn’t dominate in college despite his physical attributes and attending a university that has a reputation of coaching up online players. He is has bust written all over him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lots of questions on him. His fundamentals stink and wasn’t dominate in college despite his physical attributes and attending a university that has a reputation of coaching up online players. He is has bust written all over him.
Watch the games

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like CeeDee Lamb in a trade back. Make it happen Keim.

Who are you going to trade back with - both Jets and Raiders might very well take him, Cleveland is not interested in trading up - so only team would be jacksonville - and I doubt they want to move up either.

So realistically - if we want Lamb, we have to take him at 8 IMO.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jerry Jones could go Jerry Jones

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-draft-at-home-alone-with-no-one-to-stop-him/

This year, Jones will make the Cowboys’ pick from his home, with no one else around. Which means no one will be there to physically restrain him, if it comes to that. And Jones joked that in the past, it would come to that.

“One of the things I’m not going to miss is when I came out of those draft rooms over the weekend, my old shins used to have big old bruises on them,” Jones said. “That was from Stephen kicking me under the table for three straight days relative to some of our decision-making.

And with the 17th pick in the 2020 draft, Jerry Jones selects......

You must be registered for see images

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who are you going to trade back with - both Jets and Raiders might very well take him, Cleveland is not interested in trading up - so only team would be jacksonville - and I doubt they want to move up either.

So realistically - if we want Lamb, we have to take him at 8 IMO.
Yea I dont see it. Unless they have intel that the Raiders want Tua or Love.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison