Predict the number of wins for the Dbacks

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
mid 60s. don't see us losing 100 games, it'll be very close though.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
not much optimism here :)

Just WAY too much unproven/uncertainty all over this team, but particularly throughout the pitching staff.
But, the catcher position, 3rd base and left field/right field positions are confusing at best as to how those spots will be fielded...

Really hard to see this team get anywhere close to .500 baseball...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The offense will be better, the team will put in more effort... but there is no getting around that pitching staff.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
72. Same as the 95-96 Bulls.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry 82, to pick the same number as you, but I agree.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I predict a record of 82-80.

There are a lot of question marks, especially the starting pitching staff but, now with Cahill gone, I think it will grow in stature over the season (barring a major injury).

If we can get a small lead going into the final three innings, I expect good things from our bullpen.

I think the outfield will be OK. Although I am a big supporter of Peralta, I think relegating Ross to platoon with him in LF vs. left handed pitchers (and pinch hitter) is a good move on Chip Hale's part. And with Inciarte backing up all three OF positions, it adds another element.

And if Lambe or Tomás can play and produce at 3B. Even better.

And if Ahmed plays himself out of the lineup at SS, Hill pushes Owings back to SS from 2B and we'll be solid.

In all, I believe that Chip Hale and the Front Office will do a lot better job of laying the foundation for steady growth as opposed to the gimmicky surprise-and-regress Suns.

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
I predict a record of 82-80.

There are a lot of question marks, especially the starting pitching staff but, now with Cahill gone, I think it will grow in stature over the season (barring a major injury).

If we can get a small lead going into the final three innings, I expect good things from our bullpen.

I think the outfield will be OK. Although I am a big supporter of Peralta, I think relegating Ross to platoon with him in LF vs. left handed pitchers (and pinch hitter) is a good move on Chip Hale's part. And with Inciarte backing up all three OF positions, it adds another element.

And if Lambe or Tomás can play and produce at 3B. Even better.

And if Ahmed plays himself out of the lineup at SS, Hill pushes Owings back to SS from 2B and we'll be solid.

In all, I believe that Chip Hale and the Front Office will do a lot better job of laying the foundation for steady growth as opposed to the gimmicky surprise-and-regress Suns.
I would have written just about the same thing. I think this is a team that could be fun to watch, especially if everyone gets healthy and stays healthy. They wouldn't surprise me if they made a run at 90 wins, nor would it shock me if they were in the 70's.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard