Potential defensive coordinators - my suggestions

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals have so many holes they would need to hit every single pick right and every FA perfectly to have a chance at mediocrity.

Oh and they have a rookie NFL HC taking the helm again that runs a college offense. Great!!!

The Cardinals were 8-8 with a decent coach and Blaine Gabbert qbing virtually the same team.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I’m thinking it has to be a big name DC with NFL experience.

Pagano
Del Rio
Lewis
Joseph
This. I think HC experience is essential for our next DC, considering KK is as much of a rookie HC as there can be coming from CFB. Just like it was with McCoy when we hired Wilks, even if it didn't work out at all. The line of thinking was to give Wilks someone with HC experience to support him. Same must be done for KK for a rather smooth transition.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO we do need an NFL experienced high quality DC. However, he doesn't need to have HC experience. That would be a plus but not really necessary. The key is that he is a really good NFL DC.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
BEWARE:

Like I said in another post, Bill Davis said he's mutually(even though he had zero chance of being retained) leaving OSU to return to the NFL.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If Kitchens stays in Cleveland, wouldn’t Williams do the same???
Doubtful sine Williams was the HC. Why wouldn't they just keep it the same if that was the case? Of course, we are talking about the Browns.

A DC name to consider, Kris Richard of the Cowboys. Believe he's from Seattle line of defensive coaches and he spells his first name with a K.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards Offense is going to suck again.

That means the defense will be on the field 80% of the time.

No way PP will be happy with that. This team is back to being the armpit of the NFL.

If Kitchens stays in Cleveland, wouldn’t Williams do the same???

Not necessarily. If Kitchens is given the HC job, Williams may feel snubbed & take his services elsewhere. We should be talking to him proactively.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doubtful sine Williams was the HC. Why wouldn't they just keep it the same if that was the case? Of course, we are talking about the Browns.

A DC name to consider, Kris Richard of the Cowboys. Believe he's from Seattle line of defensive coaches and he spells his first name with a K.

Cowboys won’t let Richard go. They’ll do whatever is necessary to keep him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There has to be sub-500 college coach with no NFL experience out there we can find. LOL.

I would say Chuck Pagano but he won't move the needle, and is too mediocre.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
There has to be sub-500 college coach with no NFL experience out there we can find. LOL.

I would say Chuck Pagano but he won't move the needle, and is too mediocre.
Chuck might have been a very vanilla HC, but his defense in Baltimore was lights out!

So was his brother's in San Diego...

They both coached attacking D's...

He would be an excellent complement to young HC!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Whay about the Ryan brothers?
I'd bring them both in, if they could make peace with the Bidwill family...which I don't see happening. Just seeing Rex on TV, you can tell he holds lifelong grudges.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk