Potential defensive coordinators - my suggestions

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins

Joseph was announced as the defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for the 2016 season under head coach Adam Gase. Joseph oversaw a defense that played a key role in the Dolphins returning to the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons. Despite having to use 13 different starting lineups due to injury, Joseph’s defense ranked fourth in the NFL on third downs (36.2%) while forcing the sixth-most negative plays (107) in the league. The Dolphins won nine of their final 11 regular-season games in 2016 with Joseph’s defense accounting for the fourth-most takeaways (21) in the NFL during that stretch.

NFL head coaches under whom Vance Joseph has served:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Vance Joseph runs a 3-4 scheme that should fit us. He had great pass rushers in Miami and Denver so he wasn't very blitz heavy, but showed the knack to call aggressive blitzes at the right time. The thought of Chandler Jones possibly paired with Bosa, along with PP and Budda in the secondary, should make us an attractive option. HC experience (failed because lack of QB) and always striked me as a genuine guy, no ego at all. Just like Wilks, he strikes me as somebody who is a much better DC than HC.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
He did a pretty good job slowing down Mahomes this year. That's about all I know of him, lol
Important point. Russ Wilson is very similar in terms of scrambling around and hitting receivers on the move from all imaginable angles. The Rams run a fairly similar spread offense like the Chiefs, along with some identic concepts. The 49ers do lots of rollout and on the move stuff in typical Shanny fashion.

Joseph has shown in Miami and Denver that he can deal with these offensive trends. Because many of the elder statesman DCs couldn't handle it. Also I remember Belichick praising him when he was at Miami for the way the Dolphins were prepared against the Pats.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
so he likes to get pressure with 4 defensive players?
You must be registered for see images attach
He had Suh and Wake in Miami. Von Miller and Chubb in Denver. With 2 premier pass rushers along the front front you can get home rushing 4. But I remember him, specifically with the Broncos when Ware retired and no premium threat opposite Miller before Chubb, calling the double A gap blitz which Bowles and Bettcher loved to bring.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He had Suh and Wake in Miami. Von Miller and Chubb in Denver. With 2 premier pass rushers along the front front you can get home rushing 4. But I remember him, specifically with the Broncos when Ware retired and no premium threat opposite Miller before Chubb, calling the double A gap blitz which Bowles and Bettcher loved to bring.

Suh is a FA as well

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
I want a defensive coordinator with proven positive results and proper motivation.
I don’t mind if he comes from high school, college or nfl.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard