Post game thoughts - cards vs rams

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hightower has fumbled 4 times in his last 6 NFL Regular Season games. 5 times in his last 8 games when including the playoffs. He isn't that good and it shouldn't be tolerated. He deserves to be benched, even if it means starting LSH. I am not saying that he shouldn't play, he just doesn't warrant the starting spot as long as these issues persist.

Not sure where you are seeing your stats at. NFL.Com disagrees.

His last 6 regular season games he had 2 fumbles (both lost).

http://www.nfl.com/players/timhightower/gamelogs?id=HIG784208&season=2009

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I get it, you are cherry picking today's game in an attempt to prove your point. That is why I said "Last Year".

I can do the same thing watch...

In his last 11 regular season games, he has 4 fumbles.

That is 4 fumbles for every 101 carries or one for every 25.

:iwin:

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They only looked good because the Cards were bad. Bradford threw 23 incomplete passes and 3 interceptions.

Meanwhile our garbage heap reclamation project threw 19 that nobody caught and the Cards put the ball on the ground 7 times.

If we hadn't been Ohio State playing Kent State we'd have lost.

Thank you Steve Breaston for pulling our fat out of the fire. Also to Lyle Sendlein for holding on the the fumble with 1000lbs of people pulling at it.

Oh I get it Duck...that Sooner guy was pathetic and fortunately that Longhorn guy for us held on to the fumble at the bottom of the pile and saved the game for us. Got it now.:)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh I get it Duck...that Sooner guy was pathetic and fortunately that Longhorn guy for us held on to the fumble at the bottom of the pile and saved the game for us. Got it now.:)

Now you get it. Just shows you where the winners go to school. Titans 38 Raiders 13. Maybe someday Arkansas will have some players drafted into the NFL and you can brag about them. :D

Screw Bradford. He plays for a division rival now in the NFL. I hope he has a terrible career.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
What an ugly, ugly win ... but, I'll take it!

I kept yelling at Derek "Stop trying to force the ball to #11!!!" Surely, other receivers were open but dang ... like he was trying to prove something.

Should not have been that close of a game against a rookie QB, for gods sake. I think we might see Max Hall before week 8.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Derek Anderson was, well, Derek Anderson... he is a career 50% passer so we should get used to it while he is quarterbacking and some ints as well. There were two that were dropped today. Gone are the days of Warner's proficient passing. Let's hope the coaching staff helps him get better so he does not help lose games. Otherwise he did a good job considering the beating he was taking.

OL really played poor... too many penalties, not enough run blocking except for the TD drive, and pass protection was weak causing a lot of hits even though there weren't too many sacks.

Fitz is clearly not fully recovered or maybe it was the brace. Anderson-Fitz timing being off also made it look worse. Not sure why the staff kept going to Fitz... maybe to get him going? But throwing 15 or so passes with only 3 completion caused several drives to stall.

The fumbles killed us and almost cost us the game!! I mean two in the red zone?? On the road! That is potentially 14 points!! Not to mention killing momentum. Fortunately, it was against the worst team in the NFL and so we survived.

Way, way too many penlties by everyone!!!

Porter... the guy was clearly held on at least two occassions I remember and probably there were others with no calls. I clearly remember the hold on the play where he put a hit on Bradford causing the incompletion. He was held on that play and still managed to put a lick on Bradford. That should have been a monstrous sack were not held and, of course, no call. There were few other QB hurries caused by Porter. So I'm not sure where the comments are coming from he did not show up today. You don't have to have sacks to show you had an impact.

Rhodes... why the hell did he stop??? That should have been a pick-6... No question Rolle would have scored a TD there. But I still liked his overall play.

Adrian Wilson was a monster... 'nuff said!

Both corners had a good game... Glad to see Greg having a solid performance when he was the Rams target most of the game. That was a nifty batting down by DRC in the end zone what could otherwise have been a TD.

Max Komar had a terrible game. Two punt muffs??? We are lucky not to lose either one and that fumble in the red zone was a devastating after putting a decent drive. I would rather see Williams more on the field but surprisingly him and Anderson were completely off the couple of times ball was thrown to him especially how they worked so well in the pre-season. Not sure if it was incorrect route running or typical Anderson inaccuracy kicking in.

Defense had an overall good game and kept us in the game when offense was sputtering.

Breaston exploded in the second half and that TD saving FF was just play of the game.

If it is true that Doucet again got hurt then we have a big problem at WR. I really like Doucet but if he can't stay healthy then it is not going to work. The others WR's are all rookies with nothing proven yet and with Fitz not being 100%, we may have trouble.

Bradford is going to be a superstar. If they provide even a decent OL protection and some solid receivers, he is going to pick apart opponent defenses!

So glad we are 1-0 despite an overall poor team performance.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Oh I get it, you are cherry picking today's game in an attempt to prove your point. That is why I said "Last Year".

I can do the same thing watch...

In his last 11 regular season games, he has 4 fumbles.

That is 4 fumbles for every 101 carries or one for every 25.

:iwin:

Of course I using today's game, isn't that what is prompting this thread. Aren't we reacting to what has happened today. Instead of just using today's stats, I decided to go back and use the final 5 games of the previous season. So, in my sample size, Hightower has a disturbing tendency to fumble. Yes, I am manipulating stats to prove a point, but that is precisely what stats are for.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Did it seem obvious to ANYONE BUT ME that on ALL THE TIMING THROWS, there was no way that Fitz could be where he should have been at the time Anderson needed to throw the ball??? Andeson connected with, or a least put the ball in the vicinity of Doucet, Breaston, and Williams, and even to Hyphen and Komar on one occasion, but could only get the ball to Fitz on time and in the right place once-----and that was the corner route in the enzone where Fitz was already open there when the ball was released. So very many, many routes were wasted to Fitz today, because Fitz just couldn't get where he should have been in time. (another reason I don't like Whiz calling plays)-----he misses things going on in the game like this over and over. How frustrating must that have been for FItz and Anderson. Anderson's timing with the afore mentioned receivers was not nearly so bad as were his throws to Fitz today. In fact, of the incompletions to Breaston, Doucet, and Williams, several were two-handed drops by the receivers. Seems to me that several of Andersons throws to Fitz were right where Fitz should have been-----doesn't bode well to me that Whiz will play a Vet at 75% of his ability, but is reluctant to play a rookie (who has earned a shot), to play at all. Much the same happened last year when Boldin was trying to hog playing time when he could not answer the bell effectively. Pretty much the same results too.

DRC still gets too full of himself and becomes far too relaxed with coverage when he sees that Toler is getting all the work, and that Bradford was staying away from him. He got burned good on a crucial big pass that would have taken our D off the field at a very bad time late in the game that almost cost us the game. Toler, despite getting picked on all day, held up very well I thought. I only recall a couple of plays where he was simply beaten in coverage today. Even then, he played hard, just got beat by an accurate passer, not because he got lazy, and didn't cover. DRC STILL needs to learn that you can't take for granted that he is considered our best cover guy, EVEN FOR ONE PLAY. THat one play can kill you.

O-line started out all discombobulated, but gradually got better as the game progressed. I thought they improved considerably on pass protection as the game proceeded, but that because of the fumbling, (and the fact that Anderson was having such a hard time keeping up with everything going on at once, ie calling the play, trying to get motion men started, then trying to remember the snap count and reading the defense as they shifted), they seemed to go away from the run, even after having some success at it. It appeared to me that Anderson's actions were far too mechanical and were not at all smooth, whether they were hand-offs or passes. He needs to have an awful lot of time and reps with the ones, just to get to the point where Max Hall already seems to be in my opinion. He also had deer in the headlights look quite often, and only escaped with his life after taking far too many beatings. I know that Hall is a rookie, but it seems to me that he has outplayed Anderson across the board all pre-season so far. I hope that it hasn't been decided to let Anderson get totally beat up before Hall gets a chance to show what he can or can't do.

Komar has a distinct lack of comfort factor in punt receiving-----puts way too many punts on the ground.

D-line was lousy against the run up the middle with Robinson at the nose. LB play and secondary play was not that bad except for a couple of plays by Haggans. How the hell does one veteran player, jump off-side, then get back on-side, ONLY TO JUMP OFF AGAIN ON THE SAME PLAY, AND THEN DO IT AGAIN ALL OVER LATER IN THE GAME. I can't even comprehend that series of goof ups. I thought that AW had a very strong game, (it was great to see him get used like we couldn't use him last year because of Rolle's inability to keep from freelancing. Rhodes did well playing the deep middle I thought, much better than Rolle last year. More good stuff to come from this group I believe.

Officiating also showed the need for more reps for the guys in stripes. Although we got some breaks too, there seemed to me to be a dearth of non calls against the Lambs, that were called penalties against the guys in red for the very same actions, and that was not just limited to hits on the QB.

Bottom line, it was a win. Not pretty, (not even close). I'll take it, especially in light of the 9'ers losing to the sea hags. I feel like everyone in red at St.Louis today, escaped with mulligan. It really could have been a much worse outcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, but...

JOEY PORTER barely showed up today!!! We still appear to have issues with a lack of edge rushers. Haggans way outplayed #55.

rewatch the game, porter had a ton of penetration but every time he beat the LT he would get held and the refs never called it.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you ever wondered what it would be like if you picked a drunk fan to come onto the field and QB it would look like DA.

Komar needs to go.

9-0 shut down the run.

Wilson, its all been said.

Rhodes needs to work out a bit. He was totally out of juice on an INT he could have returned.

Exciting game tho. Falcons will be a test whether or not we are a top half team.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard