Post 49ers Overreaction Thread

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler unfortunately isn’t our long term answer. I just don’t think this team would be that much better with a different qb, it needs the backbones first.

Build the interior line in free agency, draft a legitimate WR that isn’t peewee size, draft any body who can start on defense (any secondary would be exposed with a front 7 this ineffective)

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will say this, I've watched a lot of non Cardinals football this year. This is a defensive league, and defenses have been making most QBs look bad this season. This difference is that other non Cardinals teams also have a good defense to pair with their QB, and people are less critical of their QB as long as the QB does enough to win.

Murray against the 49ers today looked a lot better than Stafford, Lawrence, Dak or Hurts (Hurts was especially terrible) did against them. All of those teams have better weapons, and they all attempted to score in garbage time too.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Losing is a culture.
I’ll say this: I’m certain that Gannon knows what winning habits in the NFL are and look like. He’s trying to install those habits in an institution that had gotten extremely flabby since Whis was in charge and having success.

I don’t know if winning habits are enough if you don’t have the talent to back it up, tho. Gannon will have to show progress in the standings next year.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
At This point I could logically say 1 of 2 things Package those 2 1st round picks and move up or use 1 of them For A Qb of Course there is absolutely No guarentee He will be any Better though after all what round was Purdy, Brady and Many others picked in Its a Hell of mess This Team is In from many Many Wrong Draft Free Agent Mistakes

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say this, I've watched a lot of non Cardinals football this year. This is a defensive league, and defenses have been making most QBs look bad this season. This difference is that other non Cardinals teams also have a good defense to pair with their QB, and people are less critical of their QB as long as the QB does enough to win.

Murray against the 49ers today looked a lot better than Stafford, Lawrence, Dak or Hurts (Hurts was especially terrible) did against them. All of those teams have better weapons, and they all attempted to score in garbage time too.
Stop with these insightful facts don’t you know it’s all Kyler’s fault and he doesn’t have IT in some peoples eyes. Yet they put up 29 without throwing to our non existent WRs…. Lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'm sorry, but Kyler played atrocious at times and made mistakes you just can't make. Him and our D gave us no chance.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stop with these insightful facts don’t you know it’s all Kyler’s fault and he doesn’t have IT in some peoples eyes. Yet they put up 29 without throwing to our non existent WRs…. Lol
The excuses are already flowing, I see. When you throw a pick 6 when a receiver was open for a QB to drop back, find his guy, and throw the ball, but you hesitate and throw it too late, you're sucking. That play encapsulates his problem. He has absolutely no rhythm. Drop back, make your read, stick your foot in the grass, and get the WR the ball. That's what good QBs do when they have open receivers. Kyler hesitated, waited too long, threw the ball anyway, and had a pick 6. 100 percent on Kyler. And that wasn't the only awful play he made.

Defend that with a straight face.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

This is actually a great observation…defenses have started to figure out offenses quite a bit over the last 2 seasons. The let them play between the 20’s is practiced by most as well as building out Dlines seems to be a focus more than ever… not drafting 2 ILBs like we did.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Tough to improve when a WR breaks open and even the know-nothing announcers say the play was there but the QB waited too long and threw a pick-6, you mean? Kyler did plenty all on his own to suck.
I have to agree here. And the other play where he led McBride out of bounds. If he hits him when he's coming out of his break, he's might still be running today.

The problem is that he's not/cant read the defense post snap. He's seeing a target that is open and then trying to throw him the ball. That's not going to work very often in the NFL.

To me that's why he is a much better long ball thrower. He doesn't have any post snap reads. He's seeing that its man covers and knows he got a good match up....sandlot ball....go deep johnny and when you get by the Buick the ball will be there.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
for this week -- I am trying to keep the big picture in mind and that is:

The 49ers have been rolling everyone. So spending much of the second half down by 3 scores and trying to scramble back doesn't really change my perception of things going forward.

I thought Kyler did some good things and obvs -- some bad plays. It was a mix of good and bad Kyler.

On the current WR group for the Cards:

We need one of those two axis charts where avg height is the vertical measure and productivity is the horizontal. The Cards dominate the dreaded lower left.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Thing is - Murray isn't improving
He seems to be regressing. A lot of the 4th qtr offense was right in front of us. #4 was wide open over the middle several times but, instead, Kyler was too busy looking at the pass rush. And when he does throw it, it's too high or wide. Poor QB play - even the 49’er fans sitting behind us were laughing at him.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here is my overreaction. Derrick Henry would do more for this offense than Tee Higgins would.
The same Derrick Henry that just had probably his worst game as Titan and talking like his career basically over in press conference?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He seems to be regressing. A lot of the 4th qtr offense was right in front of us. #4 was wide open over the middle several times but, instead, Kyler was too busy looking at the pass rush. And when he does throw it, it's too high or wide. Poor QB play - even the 49’er fans sitting behind us were laughing at him.
you know, it only takes just a little bump towards the rail and you dont have to listen to those people any more.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The same Derrick Henry that just had probably his worst game as Titan and talking like his career basically over in press conference?
Yeah, investing meaningful money in an older RB with tread worn tires would be quite the move at this point, especially for a team that has needs at nearly every position.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn