POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't really expect to hear anything until Sunday at the earliest at this point, and more realistically, not until Monday.

Sunday's early game is on Fox, with plenty of leadup, and I could imagine Fox has either begged him to keep it quiet until the broadcast and announce it there in a designated segment, or a day after so it doesn't interrupt planned coverage. Any Saturday announcement makes everyone on the broadcasting team have to scramble (my buddy works for Fox's main NFL broadcasting, so I have a solid idea of how locked in this stuff tends to be). Hell, he could also have space there to announce he's coming back to Fox.

Not that a leak would shock me, either.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't really expect to hear anything until Sunday at the earliest at this point, and more realistically, not until Monday.

Sunday's early game is on Fox, with plenty of leadup, and I could imagine Fox has either begged him to keep it quiet until the broadcast and announce it there in a designated segment, or a day after so it doesn't interrupt planned coverage. Any Saturday announcement makes everyone on the broadcasting team have to scramble (my buddy works for Fox's main NFL broadcasting, so I have a solid idea of how locked in this stuff tends to be). Hell, he could also have space there to announce he's coming back to Fox.

Good points, Solar.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

At some point Cardinals have to make it happen or move on. OTOH, Payton is worth the extra effort. Unless we hear someone (Flores or Glenn or Eviro) is coming for a second interview, there is reason to be hopeful.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Rumor - Did anyone else listen to Gambo today? Aparently he said Payton is possibly in Dallas with Kyler Murray. This comes via the PHNX podcast.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rumor - Did anyone else listen to Gambo today? Aparently he said Payton is possibly in Dallas with Kyler Murray. This comes via the PHNX podcast.

You must be registered for see images attach

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I know at one point Payton had a house in Dallas and lived there in the offseason. Not sure if he currently still has one there though.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm happy @AZ Native got me to go back and re-read this, because I thought the implication was that Gambo thought Payton and Kyler would unite on the Cowboys somehow, lol.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Enjoying the PHNX guys content, but...

You can't make fun of the Saints asking price of two 1st for Payton, for weeks now... Then make the case that #35 is essentially a 1st round pick, considering there only being 31 this year... And then say you're ok dealing #35, which you just tried to pitch as a 1st round pick, AND a #1 next year (which might be a top 10 pick).

I'm offering a 3rd this year and a 4th next.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Enjoying the PHNX guys content, but...

You can't make fun of the Saints asking price of two 1st for Payton, for weeks now... Then make the case that #35 is essentially a 1st round pick, considering there only being 31 this year... And then say you're ok dealing #35, which you just tried to pitch as a 1st round pick, AND a #1 next year (which might be a top 10 pick).

I'm offering a 3rd this year and a 4th next.

#34. (31 + 3)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm happy @AZ Native got me to go back and re-read this, because I thought the implication was that Gambo thought Payton and Kyler would unite on the Cowboys somehow, lol.
When I first read that, I thought it said, "that Gambo thought Payton and Kyler would urinate on the Cowboys"... and that made me happy, that made me smile :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Who has the technical know-how to find out where Michael’s jet has been in the past 48 hours?