POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Payton was coming here....it would already have been announced. He is going back to Fox, and will be the Cowboys coach next year.
That is not accurate, unless you feel such decisions and negations should mimic high speed internet expectations... especially with the Saints variable in the equation of his hiring or not

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This dude is as bad as Jurecki with Twitter...haha

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Something HAS TO break sometime this morning. A sighting of MB/SP, a requested second interview, an announcement of some sort, something.....right????

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
And I would give anything except #3 this year. Well, almost anything. Next years #1 (will be in the mid 20's or lower anyway)+ a lower pic this year. I'm an optimist most of the time....

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't think anything will be announced anytime soon but it's giving me some time to think. Monti must've promised Payton a top 5 O-line and that he'd be included on all major decisions

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I believe the Cardinals are still focused on Payton and are either still negotiating, giving him the weekend to decide between Fox and the contract offer or taking a break. I absolutely do not think the Saints are holding it up. They know what they would receive: #34 this year and a pick next year.

We want him; he is deciding if he wants us. He got a lot of information yesterday. He may even be calling some of the coaching staff he would assemble to get their feedback. If he takes the job, we'll be getting a great offensive mind IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe the Cardinals are still focused on Payton and are either still negotiating, giving him the weekend to decide between Fox and the contract offer or taking a break. I absolutely do not think the Saints are holding it up. They know what they would receive: #34 this year and a pick next year.

We want him; he is deciding if he wants us. He got a lot of information yesterday. He may even be calling some of the coaching staff he would assemble to get their feedback. If he takes the job, we'll be getting a great offensive mind IMO.

I agree otherwise I think we would have heard about 2nd interviews from others being scheduled.

But even if the Cards and Payton want it there is a 3rd party involved.