POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Draft picks and a top-5 salary for Payton man idk. Coaching salary doesn’t affect the cap directly but it might affect MB’s ability to want to spend big on players if he’s paying two different coaches upwards of $25m a year for the foreseeable future.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
FWIW, on Fox they were giving out trophies and they told Payton he could have the big trophy if he's staying at Fox, or the little one if he's leaving... and he grabbed the big trophy.

...dave
I saw that as well. Pretty sure he's staying at Fox with that chick saying Im glad youll be staying here with us.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw that too....Believe he was put in a bad position and grabbed the big trophy....
The orange tie and hanky worries me.

Sean had to plan on wearing that color combo and is smart/aware enough to make note of this and change it.

Or is he being too cute for words?

Reactions: PJ1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Cardinals or Fox.

My max compensation is #34 & next year's two.
PFT said that while Payton has predicted a mid round #1 (or equiv) for his services,

apparently Micky Loomis, Saints GM is holding out for 2 #1s + something

source for PFT? i dont know

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You think he’s only capable of being a HC with Fangio in the fold?
No, but they were reportedly joined at the hip. I mentioned in another thread that Mike could be working behind the scenes to bring in Payton with Flores as his DC. The timing of Fangio is the thing.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Cardinals do not sign Payton, it is because of Loomis, and I will give Michael Bidwill credit for trying but also for not being as stupid as the GM of the Saints and their current state of affairs
GM of the Nets did the same thing in relation to holding a player ransom to an AZ team and being greedy on the compensation. It seems like this is the usual thing for Az teams.

I say pony up because it’s worth it. Anything but this year’s first is on the table.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
GM of the Nets did the same thing in relation to holding a player ransom to an AZ team and being greedy on the compensation. It seems like this is the usual thing for Az teams.

I sat pony up because it’s worth it. Anything but this year’s first is on the table.
Yup

Draft picks are hit or miss, injury always a risk, and only 1/22 of the team.

We've all seen what good coaching does and provides a full boost to the team.

Good coaches don't grow on trees, let alone wanting to come here.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup

Draft picks are hit or miss, injured sometimes and only 1/22 of the team.

We've all seen what good coaching does and provides a full boost to the team.

Good coaches don't grow on trees, ler alone wanting to come here.
Good coaches also need good rosters to succeed.

We don’t have a good roster. Not even close to one.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good coaches also need good rosters to succeed.

We don’t have a good roster. Not even close to one.

Our 2021 team was great. 2020 even pretty good too. Too bad we didn't have good coaching. I'll trust a successful top 5 coach to turn it around on the chance we might draft a couple players to contribute with a mediocre coach.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score

I say pony up because it’s worth it. Anything but this year’s first is on the table.
it's because the Aints dont pick until 41.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
….so does having a good roster.

Why are you ignoring this?
If you can guarantee those picks, say 2 being consistent starters or close to pro bowl or better, sure. But it's not a guarantee, and chances 1 is a bust. And if they play without being an injury risk and be completely useless.

Even then, a good coach can elevate a a team with lesser talent. Excluding the talent Payton could either pick out to help or draw talent in FA.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you can guarantee those picks, say 2 being consistent starters or close to pro bowl or better, sure. But it's not a guarantee, and chances 1 is a bust. And if they play without being an injury risk and be completely useless.

Even then, a good coach can elevate a a team with lesser talent. Excluding the talent Payton could either pick out to help or draw talent in FA.
I’ve watched Payton miss the playoffs with the Saints.

Wonder why?

Because they weren’t good rosters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave