POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really thought Payton coming here was nothing more than a pipe dream. So much so I talked myself into not wanting him. He was a front runner and abandoned the Saints when things got tough.

Now I’m going to be really aggravated if he is not named our head coach. I should prepare myself for the worse because that’s the cardinal way…

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
On NFL Radio, with Alex Marquez and the other dude who played for Broncos just said he can confirm Payton's interview with Broncos did not go well. He did clash with one of the owners...and he is no longer under consideration. Said it's down to David Shaw and Demeco Ryans.
Note to Payton, never pick a fight with Condoleezza Rice.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Worst part about this is that we probably won't know anything for a few days, tomorrow at the very soonest

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm talking about the optimism of landing a marque head coach. I'm well aware he didn't interview.
I dunno, I'm one of those "it hasn't happened until it does" types.

This franchise isn't the laughingstock it once was. Were we bad? Yes. A laughingstock? No.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did Payton leave PHX or staying over night. Hopefully they are having dinner somewhere and seal the deal

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
while we wait on Payton news just curious why Quinn withdrew his name? Do you think Dallas promised him the gig after next season or something?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Need a real update from the guys who have some inside intel where things stand this evening

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is the difference between me and the Cardinals...

If I was serious about hiring Payton, I would have tidied up and put my pallets away.
I think there’s a couple of things to consider.
First the Cardinals are not going to hold a press conference at 7-8:00 at night.
The other is you can bet there would be negotiations with the Saints about compensation.
We know what the Saints want but the truth is they get nothing if Payton stays in the studio.
I could see us giving them a #1 next year and perhaps a #3 but getting something in return like a #2 next year.
I don’t think players can be involved but the Saints are supposedly looking to move on from Michael Thomas.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there’s a couple of things to consider.
First the Cardinals are not going to hold a press conference at 7-8:00 at night.
The other is you can bet there would be negotiations with the Saints about compensation.
We know what the Saints want but the truth is they get nothing if Payton stays in the studio.
I could see us giving them a #1 next year and perhaps a #3 but getting something in return like a #2 next year.
I don’t think players can be involved but the Saints are supposedly looking to move on from Michael Thomas.
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose