Playoffs: Suns @ Clippers Thursday game thread 4-20-2023 - Game 3

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, gotcha.
I guess it could be that it's a borderline type situation and they are thinking taking a game off would allow him to go the rest of the way. I guess that's possible. It's just normally in playoff runs outside of serious injury you see guys dragging themselves out there. You might be right though. If he is not 100% he won't play.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
part of me is bummed just because I'd like to see this team really tested to believe in them the way I normally would.

the other (larger) part of me is like... whatever it freaking takes to advance and let this team still figure itself out. If this is 2021 all over again where we get a ton of injury breaks en route to the Finals, I ain't gonna cry over it.
I thought we were going to win anyway but his makes it a heck of a lot easier. ZERO excuses not to win tonight.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I guess it could be that it's a borderline type situation and they are thinking taking a game off would allow him to go the rest of the way. I guess that's possible. It's just normally in playoff runs outside of serious injury you see guys dragging themselves out there. You might be right though. If he is not 100% he won't play.
If Kawhi plays in Game 4, it would be a MASSIVE snub and huge disrespect to the Suns. If I were the Suns and Kawhi plays Game 4, I would be intensely pissed off! The Clippers would be indicating how little they think of the Suns, by "resting" Kawhi for just a game...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... I've really got no clue. I just want us to take advantage, blow them out and get our guys a little break on the minutes with 4 games in 6 days.

I don't want KD to be the next of the old-oft-injured guys to go down.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... I've really got no clue. I just want us to take advantage, blow them out and get our guys a little break on the minutes with 4 games in 6 days.

I don't want KD to be the next of the old-oft-injured guys to go down.
I don't dare say it but Paul injured his hand. I wonder if the Suns should rest him to ensure his health the rest of the series.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So dude is averaging more than 30 PPG on a sprained knee he suffered before the playoffs? Not only that by Lue played him 40+ minutes?!?

Wow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
they really jammed us in with games in the first week of the playoffs.

The Warriors have TWO three-day breaks between games. Same as the Lakers. And had them early.

We don't get that break until after playing 4 games in 6 days, Sunday night to Saturday afternoon.

Would be pretty crazy if the Clips are load managing after all because the next game is Saturday afternoon.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Would be pretty crazy if the Clips are load managing after all because the next game is Saturday afternoon.

That would be crazy, so no way it's as simple as that. You don't load manage in the playoffs if you are healthy. If anything Leonard is hurt more than is being said and will be out longer that expected.

Suns sure have been fortunate with opponents stars being hurt in the playoffs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kawhi and Penny are the two biggest What ifs I’ve ever seen in basketball

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man....the injuries this playoffs has been unreal so far.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kawhi and Penny are the two biggest What ifs I’ve ever seen in basketball

I think we kinda know that Kawhi is an elite player. Penny I agree with and I’ll also throw Grant Hill and T-Mac into the hat. These three are guys who could’ve legit been Top-20-25 players in the NBA but derailed by chronic and serious injuries

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we saw the Grizzlies yesterday pull off a W without Morant, Adams and Clarke. That's 3 of their top 7 and their MVP candidate. This team better not take tonight for granted.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, we saw the Grizzlies yesterday pull off a W without Morant, Adams and Clarke. That's 3 of their top 7 and their MVP candidate. This team better not take tonight for granted.
If Suns win tonight, it will be a down to the wire struggle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard