Playoffs...something is up in Cardinal land

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Just getting this weird vibe and the last time things seemed strange like this was when the Warner led team found its way to the Superbowl. I do not see how this team can still make the playoffs with all that really would have to happen after blowing our first division games...but something strange is afoot

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just getting this weird vibe and the last time things seemed strange like this was when the Warner led team found its way to the Superbowl. I do not see how this team can still make the playoffs with all that really would have to happen after blowing our first division games...but something strange is afoot

Cards win 3 games in a row and the Dude is making plays, no wonder your world is spinning. :D

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Cards win 3 games in a row and the Dude is making plays, no wonder your world is spinning. :D

I know, what happened to the Dude...like dude, it that really you, who is that dude? Throw in things like time outs preventing a interception and something is going on lol

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah something is going on. The Cards just played 3 of the 4 worst teams in the NFL. Everybody beats those 3 teams. Even Alabama might win 2 of 3.

The Cards haven't won a game against a team with a winning record in over a month.

Let's see what's going on after they've played a couple of good teams the next two weeks.

:stick:

:D

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I kind of have to agree with Jet, the defense is playing well and the offense is starting to jell at the right time. Teams that go to the Super Bowl seem to be the ones that get into a good rhythm toward the end of the season. Look at the Giants a couple of years ago, they looked like anything but playoff contenders and next thing you know they are Super Bowl champs.

That's how our Cardinals got there. Our Super Bowl year was not exactly a regular season that was one for the history books but things began to come together and next thing you know our team is making it's first Super bowl appearance.

I'm not claiming that is going to happen again however it seems that things are starting to fall into place. Look how many times teams with great regular season records bowed out of the playoffs early because they peaked too soon.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah something is going on. The Cards just played 3 of the 4 worst teams in the NFL. Everybody beats those 3 teams. Even Alabama might win 2 of 3.

The Cards haven't won a game against a team with a winning record in over a month.

Let's see what's going on after they've played a couple of good teams the next two weeks.

:stick:

:D

I wish this could ever happen. Bama vs a bad NFL team would be twice as exciting as the probowl

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I kind of have to agree with Jet, the defense is playing well and the offense is starting to jell at the right time. Teams that go to the Super Bowl seem to be the ones that get into a good rhythm toward the end of the season. Look at the Giants a couple of years ago, they looked like anything but playoff contenders and next thing you know they are Super Bowl champs.

That's how our Cardinals got there. Our Super Bowl year was not exactly a regular season that was one for the history books but things began to come together and next thing you know our team is making it's first Super bowl appearance.

I'm not claiming that is going to happen again however it seems that things are starting to fall into place. Look how many times teams with great regular season records bowed out of the playoffs early because they peaked too soon.

Good points. 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls have had participants with 10 wins or less:

Ravens 10-6
Giants 9-7
Green Bay 10-6
Arizona 9-7
Giants 10-6

Green Bay went 15-1 the season following their SB win and were knocked out in their first playoff game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Good points. 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls have had participants with 10 wins or less:

Ravens 10-6
Giants 9-7
Green Bay 10-6
Arizona 9-7
Giants 10-6

Green Bay went 15-1 the season following their SB win and were knocked out in their first playoff game.
It figures the cards are the only one not to win the darn SB! :(

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of surprising things (both good and bad) can happen to 32 teams over a 6-game period.

That said - A 6 & 4 record is a hell lot better than 4 & 6. (One game at a time).

Last edited:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
The Cards just played 3 of the 4 worst teams in the NFL. Everybody beats those 3 teams. Even Alabama might win 2 of 3.

I wish this could ever happen. Bama vs a bad NFL team would be twice as exciting as the probowl

This is rediculous. You do realize Jacksonville's roster consists only of players who were elite at the college level who are now bigger, stronger, and more experienced. Jacksonville would TROUNCE Alabama.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
This is rediculous. You do realize Jacksonville's roster consists only of players who were elite at the college level who are now bigger, stronger, and more experienced. Jacksonville would TROUNCE Alabama.

I agree, there is no way any college team could beat any professional team no matter how one cuts it but I do not believe the statement was made as factual as much as proving a point that we need to beat teams other than the Jags to show our worth...plus it is good jinx juju because since I criticized the Dude at TE, he has bawled :)

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Todays interview of BA says it all for what is going on in the Cards locker room and on the field. He said "It is going to be hugs and high fives before the game with the Colts and then it will be like playing in the backyard with your brother....I'm going to kick your ass". He has and is instilling a B A attitude in that locker room. Palmer said we genuinely want to do well for our coach...we respect him. What a difference a year and player turnover makes. Havent seen this attitude instilled in the locker room in quite a few years. Probably since Q left in a dispute. So Glad Arians is our coach.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Todays interview of BA says it all for what is going on in the Cards locker room and on the field. He said "It is going to be hugs and high fives before the game with the Colts and then it will be like playing in the backyard with your brother....I'm going to kick your ass". He has and is instilling a B A attitude in that locker room. Palmer said we genuinely want to do well for our coach...we respect him. What a difference a year and player turnover makes. Havent seen this attitude instilled in the locker room in quite a few years. Probably since Q left in a dispute. So Glad Arians is our coach.

You mean like a couple of years ago when the Cards defense led them to 11 wins in 13 games? :D

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
You mean like a couple of years ago when the Cards defense led them to 11 wins in 13 games? :D

Yeah, squandered a great defense over a couple of seasons with a gawdawful offense and not finding a Qb. Even with great defense couldn't win more than 8 games In a season. Then they took a cliff dive and piled up the losses. Yet to be seen if this team can win consistantly. Going to be tough in this division for several years it looks like but like the attitude and the coach.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Have you seen the 9ers remaining schedule?

Even if we were to get 10, maybe 11 wins, SF looks like they have at least 11 coming to them gift wrapped. Then theres Carolina who look about as hot as they come.

We might end up having a good year with a double digit record, but still miss the playoffs. Figures.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

Even if we were to get 10, maybe 11 wins, SF looks like they have at least 11 coming to them gift wrapped. Then theres Carolina who look about as hot as they come.

We might end up having a good year with a double digit record, but still miss the playoffs. Figures.

This is the Cardinals, when things go right or wrong...IT IS NEVER predictable or expected :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

That happened in 1974. Cards were 10-4 and didn't make the playoffs because there was only one Wild Card team then. Typical Cardinals luck.