Playoff Experience

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Have you heard any of the "experts" mention that the Cardinals have the most playoff experience in the NFC? That's ok, the players know it.

Last week I posted about my perspective leading into the playoffs. I used the phrase “confidence born from experience”. As Cardinal fans it is possible to overlook that we are the most experienced and successful playoff team in the NFC. The combined playoff record of the remaining opponents over the last five years is 2-4. The Saints and Cowboys have each won exactly one playoff game during that period. The Cardinals’ record is 4-1. Our team knows what it takes to win in the post-season and our quarterback has a lifetime 9-3 record in the playoffs. While the odds-makers have us as a 7 point underdog, I think people forget the importance of experience. We have proven we can win. We have twice as many playoff wins during the last five years as the other three teams combined. We are the defending champions.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hell... I wish we were 10 point dogs! The bigger the amount of disprespect, the bigger the chip on our shoulders!!!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
7 point dogs this week. they'll be underdogs next week no matter who they play because it's a road game and they'll likley be dogs in the SB assuming they play Indy or SD. That's all a good thing. I'll bet Vegas is still smiling over that 5 point line swing last week in favor of GB.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Great stuff Dan: I had completely overlooked that fact. With experience definitely comes a comfort factor, and when these guys are able to play within their comfort zone, they are tremendous.

My greatest concern, is that they have the legs and lungs rejuvenated in the short time they have to recover from that HUGE expenditure of effort needed for the GB win. We all need to be praying for extra adrenalin this week.

Reaction score
My greatest concern, is that they have the legs and lungs rejuvenated in the short time they have to recover from that HUGE expenditure of effort needed for the GB win. We all need to be praying for extra adrenalin this week.
See: http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...ort-Week/57b6dd7a-f170-4ace-a066-455117ff0159

Quote:
“We’ll play today if we needed to,” wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said Monday. “It’s the playoffs. It doesn’t matter where you’re playing, what time you’re playing, what day you’re playing, you suck it up.”

Reaction score
Have you heard any of the "experts" mention that the Cardinals have the most playoff experience in the NFC? That's ok, the players know it.

The combined playoff record of the remaining opponents over the last five years is 2-4. The Saints and Cowboys have each won exactly one playoff game during that period. The Cardinals’ record is 4-1.
I like your perspective! :raccoon:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How about this? Haven't heard it mentioned either. In their last two playoff games the Cards have faced the #1 defense in the NFL for 2008 and the #2 defense in the NFL for 2009 and have amassed 900 yards of total offense in the two games.

900 YARDS!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about this? Haven't heard it mentioned either. In their last two playoff games the Cards have faced the #1 defense in the NFL for 2008 and the #2 defense in the NFL for 2009 and have amassed 900 yards of total offense in the two games.

900 YARDS!!!

Pretty amazing.