Philly reporter John Gonzalez says the Cardinal fans are frauds

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I lived in Jersey for 20 years and when its winter & you are cooped up inside 95% of the time, going to a football game is a good way to avoid cabin fever. Its an excuse to get outside not some heroic act of fandom. Now sitting in the direct sun on a metal bleacher when its 100 freaking degrees,THATS A FAN :D

Kody

Registered
Reaction score
we do have a lot of fans who are frauds lol. they are jumpin on the bandwagon

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I don't think anyone really understands that the small hardcore group that's hung with this bunch doesn't give a flying F what anyone thinks about them. Bring on the world.

Agreed.

As I said before when I came out for the season finale against the Seahawks, I was shocked at the gameday scene.

Plenty of Cardinals fans that I saw. The tailgating scene was awesome, the vibe was awesome, the fans during the game were awesome.

Until someone comes out to the desert and sees what is going on they won't understand.

I will take the quality of the Cardinals fan base, and gameday scene over the thousands of idiots that need to have a court house & jail in their own stadium (Philly) any day.

Frickin' Philly fans....they are scum. You can't even go to a Philly game with your family because it is a disgrace to civilized society.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
we do have a lot of fans who are new, lol. they are jumpin on the bandwagon

FTFY.

And they all should be welcomed.

You only have been out in the desert for 20 years, and only had a place to call home for 4 years.

Your fan base is in a period of growth, don't screw it up by not welcoming new fans, and especially thier kids.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Without
knowing the story behind the booing and the snowballs, Howard Cosell gave Philadelphia it's reputation we still
hold to this day.

Kind of like the unknowledgable reputation the Cardinals have for not having any fans.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After the Eagles loss to the Ravens, the ticket brokers in Philly were offering 2 for 1 tickets to the rest of their home games.

...but that point won't be mentioned this week.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I was gonna write this idiot but I decided it wasn't worth my time. Why get worked up over the ignorant.

Please Cardinals kick the crap out of these fools this weekend, I'm tired of the crap.

Good call. Guys like Gonzalez live for all the hate e-mails they get. The worst thing you can do to guys like that is ignore them.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I bet no Eagles fans ever flew in from England just for a game!

Props to Ben (English-on-Tour)!

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but all week I have gotten calls from guys congratulating me for sticking with the Gridbirds all these years. No one can deny that Arizona fans in general are frontrunning fans. If they win they jump on board. The true core fans(like most here) do not speak in generalities about players but know which ones carry there own water and can talk about the days before UOP and the drafting of Matt Leinart. My only thing would be that all the Cowboy fans now trying to turn and root for the Cardinals need not apply to this bandwagon. Unfortunatly that encompasses 30% of the fan base in Arizona leaving frontrunning fans about 50% and us 20% life long diehards to listen to crap from out of town journalist who think we do not exist. Winning Sunday will make all that go away. GO CARDS!!

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
After the Eagles loss to the Ravens, the ticket brokers in Philly were offering 2 for 1 tickets to the rest of their home games.

...but that point won't be mentioned this week.
And? The stadium was full as usual the following game, on Thanksgiving night, against your Cardinals. There couldn't be an individual game that would test the fans' loyalty more than that. You can't even develop an argument against Eagles fans for not being loyal. Eagles fans have endured years and years of futility and have stuck by their team no matter what. Don't let the last 10 years fool you, this franchise hasn't had too many bright spots. Still no SB wins, mind you.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
And? The stadium was full as usual the following game, on Thanksgiving night, against your Cardinals. There couldn't be an individual game that would test the fans' loyalty more than that. You can't even develop an argument against Eagles fans for not being loyal. Eagles fans have endured years and years of futility and have stuck by their team no matter what. Don't let the last 10 years fool you, this franchise hasn't had too many bright spots. Still no SB wins, mind you.

Well we wouldn't want to stand in the way of your traditions.

We'll help you out and spare you losing in the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had to read his article about yesterday's Eagles loss and look what he writes about Fitz.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090119_Gonzo___Oops__they_did_it_again.html

Boos
Andy Reid/The Eagles: To the winners go the spoils. To the losers go something far less pleasant: Endless questions about big-game failures.

The defense: What an awful time to go cold.

Larry Fitzgerald: The long, flowing hair. The nice-guy attitude. The big plays. He's thoroughly unlikable.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score