PFT Report: Titans looking to unload Pac-Man

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Pac Man might get cut...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/23/jones.ap/index.html

End of days
Titans GM says Pacman's time with team may be over
Posted: Friday February 23, 2007 5:28PM; Updated: Friday February 23, 2007 5:28PM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- New Tennessee general manager Mike Reinfeldt said Friday it's possible cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, now entangled in a melee and triple shooting at a Las Vegas strip club, will not be on the Titans' roster this season.

Reinfeldt was asked at the NFL Combine if such a scenario exists after reports and speculation of Jones' alleged involvement in the incident, he replied, "I would assume there is that potential."

The Titans have declined to comment on Monday's triple shooting at the Minnx Gentleman's Club in Las Vegas, and coach Jeff Fisher tried to avoid questions on Jones by starting with an explanation of why he couldn't comment.

Jones, who is under contract through 2009, has not been charged in connection with the shootings that left one man paralyzed with a severed spinal cord. But police seized more than $81,000 in bills that they say belongs to Jones and sparked the melee and the shooting.

Jones was showering more than 40 strippers onstage early Monday with cash "intended as a visual effect," a search warrant said. But a scuffle broke out when the Houston promoter who hired the strippers told them to pick up the money.

The promoter, identified as Chris Mitchell, owner of "Harlem Knights," and a male associate took a plastic trash bag containing Jones' money and walked out the front door, the warrant says. Police recovered the money and two watches inside a safe at Mitchell's hotel room Monday.

Club co-owner Robert Susnar has said the gunman arrived with and left with Jones and his party.

Jones was questioned late Monday night by Las Vegas police. His attorney, Worrick Robinson of Nashville, said he is not a suspect. Jones was allowed to leave Las Vegas on Tuesday but has hired attorney Manny Arora of the Atlanta law firm of Garland, Samuel and Loeb, P.C. as his lead counsel.

That firm has represented several high-profile athletes, including Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis in 2000.

Fisher said he has not talked with Jones, and the Titans are leaving the investigation to Las Vegas police. This is the eighth incident where Jones has at least been interviewed by police since the Titans drafted him with the sixth pick overall in 2005.

"There have been numerous incidents, but once we're able to gather the facts on this one, we'll be able to address his future and those other types of things," Fisher said.

Criminal charges have been lodged against Jones three times over nightclub altercations. Charges were dismissed in two of the cases, but in the third Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges.

Jones led the NFL in punt returns last season and tied a franchise record with three returned for touchdowns. He also is the Titans' best cornerback.

The latest altercation has forced the Titans to spend crucial time discussing their cornerback and less time on the draft picks and players they are evaluating at the combine.

"We've spent a lot of time talking about this internally, and that is time we could have been talking about draft picks, but weve spent time on it because it is a concern," Reinfeldt said.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
FIRE SALE FOR "RAIN MAN"

Multiple league sources tell us that the Tennessee Titans are actively shopping cornerback Pacman Jones, who thanks to a reader suggestion will now be known as "Rain Man" on this here site, due to the melee that his "makin' it rain" routine sparked on Sunday.

We've heard that the Titans will take as little as a third-round pick for the No. 6 overall selection in the 2005 draft.

Said one league source: "Maybe the Bengals will take him."

Ehh, No Thanks!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
here is what I dont get on the whole "makin it rain" thing--

what is the point of "making it rain" if you demand all the money back afterwards? Doesnt that defeat the purpose?

I guess I am a noob on the whole strip club etiquette thing.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I would take him...

Very talented player that immediately upgrades two positons for us...CB and Special Teams.

Tie his bonus money to off the field behavior.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take him...

Very talented player that immediately upgrades two positons for us...CB and Special Teams.

I'd stop watching the Cards for the time he was around. The guy, for all his talent, is a cancer, pure and simple. Living in Nashville during his entire career with the Titans gives me PLENTY of reason/knowledge that Adam Jones will never make a team better in the long run. He is an immature imbecile that will never learn, and will ALWAYS be in trouble.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
It was a joke Jon.

I'd sooner them move Bryant Johnson to CB than bring in PacMan. For all his talents, he's also as many headaches.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take him...

Dude I'm still recovering from the Warriors trading for Stephen Jackson and now you want the Cards to pick up Pacman?

:D

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Dude I'm still recovering from the Warriors trading for Stephen Jackson and now you want the Cards to pick up Pacman?

:D

Well, Jackson played for the Spurs and they won a championship with him.

You can't have a team with alot of these types of players but Pac Man would significantly upgrade our team and you could put off the field conduct rules that would impact his bonus money.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can't have a team with alot of these types of players but Pac Man would significantly upgrade our team and you could put off the field conduct rules that would impact his bonus money.

You don't think the Titans have things like that in his contract now?

He's a complete idiot, he has no self control, tons of money and he's going to be out of the league in a hurry if he doesn't wind up.

Talented for sure but he's the poster child for million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You don't think the Titans have things like that in his contract now?

He's a complete idiot, he has no self control, tons of money and he's going to be out of the league in a hurry if he doesn't wind up.

Talented for sure but he's the poster child for million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

I doubt if he signed that in his rookie contract...

Agreed on the talent vs maturity.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

If they put it in his contract that everytime he screws up Quan gets to punch him in the head twice then maybe he would be worth bringing in.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what is the point of "making it rain" if you demand all the money back afterwards? Doesnt that defeat the purpose?

Exactly. No point at all. Pretty stupid. Visual effect...:roll:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score

To feed his ego and his posse ego :doi:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I might think of signing him if (and this is a HUGE if) he signed a short deal with a small signing bonus. Short term to give him the small possibility of "keeping his nose clean" and work on a big time deal with someone else. The small bonus would give them the ability to cut him without much happening in terms of reprecussions.

However due to his talent, I'm guessing it won't happen and he'll sign a big deal elsewhwere. IMO He'll end up with the Redskins after they miss out on Clements