PFF: 2024 Mock Draft

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want this one just to see the reactions from this board!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we most certainly need some Kool Aid. Lots and Lots of Kool Aid, and extra strong.
With the first pick in the NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Kool-Aid McKinstry, Cornerback Alabama!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are literally the first poster I saw point out how he didn't really have any bend!

Stay consistent.
Where did I say Verse didn’t have any bend?

You’re purposely doing this bad reading comprehension thing. Stop that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Uh, we need to rebuild like nobody's business. We just got started on the process.

People here said the exact same thing about Anderson. We are a better team because of the trade at this point IMO. Or should I say setup better to be successful in the future.
So what year do you finally stop trading for next year's picks over drafting, you know, the actual top talent in the draft? 2 years? 3? 5? Never? I get it this year. If we're still trying to rebuild in 2025 (which is what you're advocating, getting a haul for 2025 at the expense of 2024) Monti and Gannon and co should be in hot water, because I'm not about a three-year rebuild. That's just bad business in the modern NFL. If we aren't talking about competing in 2024, we're doing this wrong.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm saying Anderson doesn't really have any bend.
He does. I have said that before. It’s just not like rare like Von Miller’s.

Are you about to lie & say Verse is a better prospect than Will?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He does. I have said that before. It’s just not like rare like Von Miller’s.

Are you about to lie & say Verse is a better prospect than Will?
He can be, because he has traits that translate better to the NFL.

It's not a "lie". Verse is considered a top ten prospect in a much better draft class.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what year do you finally stop trading for next year's picks over drafting, you know, the actual top talent in the draft? 2 years? 3? 5? Never? I get it this year. If we're still trying to rebuild in 2025 (which is what you're advocating, getting a haul for 2025 at the expense of 2024) Monti and Gannon and co should be in hot water, because I'm not about a three-year rebuild. That's just bad business in the modern NFL. If we aren't talking about competing in 2024, we're doing this wrong.
Not this one. Maybe the year after depending on who we select.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard disagree. If we're counting on 2025 before we have a shot of competing, we're doing it wrong.
I think we need one more solid year of drafting, possibly two.

If the Cards have two picks in the top 3, it would be silly to hold onto both of them, considering how much they are worth. Do you think Houston, with arguably as terrible of a roster as ours, is going to make a huge jump because they took two players in the top 3?

If we somehow only get 2 and maybe 7, the story changes entirely.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is next season basically going to be never ending threads about whether or not we should dump Kyler and take another QB? :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i am just counting down the 8.5 months (i.e. the end of the 2023 season) until i get to be optimistic again about the Cards prospects for winning games.

maybe it comes sooner -- but I am mentally prepared for that time frame.

I really want to find the 12 or so guys out of 22 where you believe you can win 2024 playoff games with them -- and hopefully the QB is in that group of starters. We then get to spend next offseason plugging in via FA or draft the 8 starters that need an upgrade.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is next season basically going to be never ending threads about whether or not we should dump Kyler and take another QB? :)

Depends only on where we pick (x2). Not so certain we trade up for a QB (if trade is available) unless Kyler really falls flat next year or even suffers anothet major injury.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think we need one more solid year of drafting, possibly two.

If the Cards have two picks in the top 3, it would be silly to hold onto both of them, considering how much they are worth. Do you think Houston, with arguably as terrible of a roster as ours, is going to make a huge jump because they took two players in the top 3?

If we somehow only get 2 and maybe 7, the story changes entirely.
One more year of good drafting, fine. That means don't trade down, to take the top players in next year's draft if talent matches need. If we move on from KM, I believe that means taking a top QB and MHJ if you can. That would be a perfect top end of the draft and not one anyone should want to trade out of. If KM shows out and we don't need a QB, or we aren't in position to get MHJ, per se, then sure. But, my goodness, when you have blue chippers staring you in the face, the picks to get them, and they're at positions of need, why trade down? That's how bad organizations stay bad.

Like I said previously, if the plan is more than a one tank year rebuild, it's a terrible plan. That's not how you win in today's NFL. Do it right and you can turn it around quickly, often in one year. Our roster was so bad you give them an extra year. They don't get an extra 2-3 years. Nah.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more year of good drafting, fine. That means don't trade down, to take the top players in next year's draft if talent matches need. If we move on from KM, I believe that means taking a top QB and MHJ if you can. That would be a perfect top end of the draft and not one anyone should want to trade out of. If KM shows out and we don't need a QB, or we aren't in position to get MHJ, per se, then sure. But, my goodness, when you have blue chippers staring you in the face, the picks to get them, and they're at positions of need, why trade down? That's how bad organizations stay bad.

Like I said previously, if the plan is more than a one tank year rebuild, it's a terrible plan. That's not how you win in today's NFL. Do it right and you can turn it around quickly, often in one year. Our roster was so bad you give them an extra year. They don't get an extra 2-3 years. Nah.
And yet we did that, AND it was the right move.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard