PF options

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anderson is under contract for next season. If he turns it on then he may have a future but that's only because Sarver might not be ok with paying him almost $16 million to go away.

It seem very likely that Anderson will be waived-and-stretched before July 1st.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it says they don't want the decision to decline his option to bite them in the ass. If he starts playing well, how dumb does our front office look? We would then be helping him earn a contract elsewhere. I think we should give him a chance since he can't be worse than Anderson but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I think a number of posters here would be better than Anderson has been, so it's not that Bender is a savior in waiting or something but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Igor was told not to bother with him, let him ride the pine until he's gone.

It's already bit the Suns in the rear. They've already given up on Bender like they gave up on Len and Chriss.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just back to the PF options question. At this point there are only two players in the NBA who are averaging significant minutes and 50-45-90.

Steph Curry and TJ Warren.

TJ is a our PF of the future. Bridges is our SF. If he can improve, JJ will be the 6th man. We just need a pg.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suck for Zion. It looks like the Suns could actually do that, smh.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
TJ is very underrated. Imo, he's been disrespected quite a bit in trade talks, coming off the bench, underestimating him. Still the whole time, He's had a great attitude, and worked his tail off to improve. Now, with an effective 3 pt shot, he's a great player, and a great fit for us at the 4.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
TJ is very underrated. Imo, he's been disrespected quite a bit in trade talks, coming off the bench, underestimating him. Still the whole time, He's had a great attitude, and worked his tail off to improve. Now, with an effective 3 pt shot, he's a great player, and a great fit for us at the 4.

A bit undersized to be a great fit at the 4, IMO. He could and should get some spot minutes there, but ideally he's playing the 3 if/when we get a legit starter at PF. He's been playing great, regardless.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A bit undersized to be a great fit at the 4, IMO. He could and should get some spot minutes there, but ideally he's playing the 3 if/when we get a legit starter at PF. He's been playing great, regardless.

TJ is listed at 6'8", 230 lbs. In today's perimeter oriented, NBA landscape, his size is fine at the 4.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Warren, Bridges, Jackson, and Williamson would be an impressive young set of forwards, and along with Ayton can be a very imposing front court.
Make it so, and before then, trade,beg, fight, overpay, steal, to get a high quality PG. Then, bask in the glory as Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, and OKC fade into irrelevancy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely agree. It was not long ago there was talk about him being filler in a trade.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. It was not long ago there was talk about him being filler in a trade.
So Williamson is guaranteed better choice than TJ at the 4? Even though Zion has played a grand total of 3 college games?

I know you are not saying this but some are really a bit premature I think.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Williamson is guaranteed better choice than TJ at the 4? Even though Zion has played a grand total of 3 college games?

As SirStefan said, I was agreeing Warren is underrated or was until this season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, no guarantees but if I had to choose between TJ and Zion, it would be a no brainer AFAIC. I like Warren but Williamson has a chance to be an all time great. I worry mostly about injury, less about his game translating to the NBA. I don't like that he seems like he's trying to win a dunk contest every time he throws it down. That's hard on a lot of joints, most of them necessary for NBA success and longevity.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, no guarantees but if I had to choose between TJ and Zion, it would be a no brainer AFAIC. I like Warren but Williamson has a chance to be an all time great. I worry mostly about injury, less about his game translating to the NBA. I don't like that he seems like he's trying to win a dunk contest every time he throws it down. That's hard on a lot of joints, most of them necessary for NBA success and longevity.
The hype is strong on Zion three games in. No real evaluation of his shot yet, or if his defense or passing. He jumps and people are mesmerized.

Way too early. Let him get 10-15 games first.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The hype is strong on Zion three games in. No real evaluation of his shot yet, or if his defense or passing. He jumps and people are mesmerized.

I think you’ve only seen highlights.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's too early to say he's destined for superstardom perhaps but it's not too early to see the potential for it and that's all I was talking about.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree for this guy it could be a problem, even back in high school it looks like he just went all out dunking everything as hard and high as he could. The guy is an athletic freak, the weight is definitely a concern as it looks like he's always been chubby.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Though Atlanta and New York are making strong push for it as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose