Peter Kings Mailbox

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Nice. I do almost miss SDS in December. I liked the games where there was a cold breeze. I also miss the noisemaker fireworks when we scored.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Nice. I do almost miss SDS in December. I liked the games where there was a cold breeze. I also miss the noisemaker fireworks when we scored.

I forgot how crappy that place was until I went to the ASU/Ducks game last Thurs. that was the first time I've been back there since 1998 & it still sux despite the upgrades they've been making. Ugh

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only thing I miss about SDS is post-Mid-October games and sitting in an open-aired stadium and watching a game outside. That beats a dome any day of the week, IMO. But I sure as hell don't miss the bench seats and the outrageous amounts of losing!

that said, I'm still confused that concessions at the Nest aren't much better then they are. They're not SDS level garbage, but for a brand new stadium, it doesn't offer much to eat compared to a host of other stadiums I've been to.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the only thing I miss about SDS is post-Mid-October games and sitting in an open-aired stadium and watching a game outside. That beats a dome any day of the week, IMO. But I sure as hell don't miss the bench seats and the outrageous amounts of losing!

that said, I'm still confused that concessions at the Nest aren't much better then they are. They're not SDS level garbage, but for a brand new stadium, it doesn't offer much to eat compared to a host of other stadiums I've been to.

Agreed, there's nothing like going to a game in an open-air stadium when the weather is nice. I've been to more games at SDS than the new stadium, by far, even in really hot weather when the beer was warm and the seats were on FIRE.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Anyone know where the NFL visitor locker rooms were at SDS? Cards used the college visiting locker rooms... Think about that. An NFL team using the crappy college visitor room. I guess the Cards opponents got dressed in a hallway or something.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
:biglaugh: That was terrible!!!

JF, I'm curious as to the overflowing urinals. Was that due to cigarette butts? And as a follow up question, is smoking allowed in the restrooms? I was a big time smoker but quit 15 years ago. The result is the fact that someone smoking across the street on a windy day bothers me now. But I'm getting better.....

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JF, I'm curious as to the overflowing urinals. Was that due to cigarette butts? And as a follow up question, is smoking allowed in the restrooms? I was a big time smoker but quit 15 years ago. The result is the fact that someone smoking across the street on a windy day bothers me now. But I'm getting better.....

That's bothersome to me, the fact that cigarette smoke still effects you from so far away. I'm 45 and have been smoking since I was 16 and I've been trying to quit for years. My best effort was going cold turkey and quitting for an entire year (that was about 10 years ago)...then my brother visited and the smell alone, just the smell from outside made me want one, and I've been smoking again since then.

How did you quit??

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don't recall butts, more like a 40 year old urinal meant to accommodate 2 guys every 10 minutes peeing when it was 10 guys every 2 minutes. Lord those lines were atrocious and talk about the disgusting...you got the "college" experience for sure as it reminded me of every crap bar I used to hang out in back in the day.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I was in town a couple years ago and did a Sat night ASU game, followed by a Sunday morning Cardinal game.

Other than the scantly clad coeds, there wasn't much redeeming quality to SDS.

Go Cards!!!

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in town a couple years ago and did a Sat night ASU game, followed by a Sunday morning Cardinal game.

Other than the scantly clad coeds, there wasn't much redeeming quality to SDS.

Go Cards!!!

I can't comment on scantily clad coeds as I know Brighteyes is reading this thread

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That has been my biggest gripe about UoP. The food selection and quality is totally lacking. Modern day stadiums should offer at least some level of high quality food over your standard stadium fare.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That has been my biggest gripe about UoP. The food selection and quality is totally lacking. Modern day stadiums should offer at least some level of high quality food over your standard stadium fare.

that and I have one more gripe... not having a TV or 2 in each bathroom. Those lines can be super long and I've been to a lot of stadiums that have TVs over the main urinals so people don't have to miss out on the game.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't recall butts, more like a 40 year old urinal meant to accommodate 2 guys every 10 minutes peeing when it was 10 guys every 2 minutes. Lord those lines were atrocious and talk about the disgusting...you got the "college" experience for sure as it reminded me of every crap bar I used to hang out in back in the day.

:yeahthat:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

Oh, but now they have choc-covered strawberries on a stick, lol