Peter Gammons.... Not Good

insider

Reaction score
Longtime ESPN Baseball analyst Peter Gammons suffered an aneurysm in his brain Tuesday morning near his home on Cape Cod, Mass. He was airlifted to a Boston hospital, where he is currently undergoing surgery.

AP
Gammons was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005.
Gammons, 61, is probably the best-known baseball writer of his generation, first with the Boston Globe, beginning in 1969, then for Sports Illustrated, before joining ESPN in 1990.

In 2004, he was honored with J.G. Taylor Spink Award for outstanding baseball writing during the 2005 Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Cooperstown, N.Y. He was selected in balloting by the Baseball Writers Association of America.

He started his career as a reporter for the Boston Globe in 1969 and wrote a very popular weekly Sunday baseball column for many years. He has also worked for Sports Illustrated covering the National Hockey League, college basketball and Major League Baseball (1976-78, 1986-90).

In 1986, upon his return to Sports Illustrated as a senior writer following a second stay at the Globe, he wrote numerous stories covering some of baseball's most important news events, as well as authoring "Inside Baseball," Sports Illustrated's weekly baseball notebook.

Gammons is also the author of Beyond the Sixth Game, a look at free agency.

Born April 9, 1945, Gammons is a native of Boston, raised in nearby Groton, Mass. He attended the University of North Carolina and is married.

Hope he pulls thru!

FinleyLover

Veteran
Reaction score
My sister had a brain aneurysm last summer and it they survive, it's not usually pretty. The survival rate is less than 10% and if they do, it's usually major speech or motor impairment. My sister was one of the lucky few, she didn't have any profound physical effects, but is suffering from major mental issues now. I don't care for his personal style of journalism, but I certainly will say prayers for his full recovery.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard