Per multiple sites Turner cleared by Clearinghouse

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see it here. I think everyone's got the same source twitter from one of the PGU guys but it sounds like the NCAA has cleared him.

Contrary to what people might think I'm happy I just want to see the kid put all the drama behind him now and go play, has a chance to be a star and make a lot of money for himself and his family.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really the only people that did not think he would qualify are ASU fans and Jon Wilner.

Come on now I'm glad he's in but you can't seriously think Jeff Goodman asked Sean Miller on a Sunday in vegas at the biggest AAU event of the season about it because he didn't have anything better to say?

There was very serious concern he might not get in because QEA is on the NCAA's watch list of about 100 schools that aren't yet Clearinghouse approved and thus have to be evaluated on a case by case basis. I'm actually surprised they ruled on Turner so early, given his transcript I expected it would take them longer.

It's great for the conference as I've been saying all along with Turner what we don't want is kids like that ending up at Kansas with stories about how his mom moved there and just happened to find a job. We want kids like this staying home.

I just hope that Iroegbu, Ashley, Longrus et al also sign with Pac 12 schools.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I was never worried about it because Sean Miller is a bright guy and did not recruit another point in 2012 on top of letting Momo transfer. If there was a concern from Arizona's viewpoint neither of those would have happened.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was never worried about it because Sean Miller is a bright guy and did not recruit another point in 2012 on top of letting Momo transfer. If there was a concern from Arizona's viewpoint neither of those would have happened.

Seems logical now but he had no way of knowing how the NCAA would deal with it.

Kid will be fun to watch, I honestly think if UA had Turner last season they might have won the whole ball of wax, by March he would have been really clicking and with DW up front they would have been pretty difficult to handle.

He'll play more this year than he would have last year but he doesn't have that insanely good frontcourt player like Williams was last year.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon win the pac 12.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Russ I saw on this thread topic on goazcats that someone made a reference to
Your head exploding when hearing this news and had to laugh. I had no idea your opinions on this matter where so universal known:)

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ I saw on this thread topic on goazcats that someone made a reference to
Your head exploding when hearing this news and had to laugh. I had no idea your opinions on this matter where so universal known:)

Someone on BRO said that there was a thread that said "somewhere Russ Smith is crying." I've never posted on that board let alone read it. I assume they saw me somewhere else. I post on the free scout UA board, they thought I'd be unhappy he qualified there too so I actually pointed them to this board and told them to search for some of my older posts on Turner if they doubted I've been following the kid for years now it's not some sort of hate UA recruits thing.

All my opinion ever said was that him going to QEA midseason was not a good sign. After that article on QEA I just pointed out it would make one more hurdle for him to clear, I am really surprised the NCAA was so quick with him in recent years they haven't been in similar cases. I'm glad they have improved the process.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Someone on BRO said that there was a thread that said "somewhere Russ Smith is crying." I've never posted on that board let alone read it. I assume they saw me somewhere else. I post on the free scout UA board, they thought I'd be unhappy he qualified there too so I actually pointed them to this board and told them to search for some of my older posts on Turner if they doubted I've been following the kid for years now it's not some sort of hate UA recruits thing.

All my opinion ever said was that him going to QEA midseason was not a good sign. After that article on QEA I just pointed out it would make one more hurdle for him to clear, I am really surprised the NCAA was so quick with him in recent years they haven't been in similar cases. I'm glad they have improved the process.

Yup that was the quote. No worries Russ. I just didnt think you posted on that board and was surprised to see you referenced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison