Pelicans @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-17-2022 - Game 1

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm hoping the atmosphere in the arena and the huge jump in pressure of the playoffs rattles the Pelicans, we romp in the first 2, win game 3 close and close it out in 4 or 5.
They have already dealt successfully with big pressure in two do-or-die play-in games. It’s not a “huge jump” from that to Round 1 pressure.

Considering that nobody’s giving them much of a chance in Round 1 and there’s no shame in losing, it may even be less pressure than the play-ins.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They may surprise us.
They know our plays and player intricacies.
They didn't have CJ the first few times we played them.
Suns in four

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet is listed as Questionable for series opener.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Much better matchup then the Clipshow and so glad they didn’t even make it, haha.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like it has been FOREVER since I really watched a Suns game with the kind of hardcore interest I did the first 70 games of the season. Those first 70 or so games, I was locked in, every night they were on.

But because we blew everyone away in the standings, I think the last time I even watched a full game was the Minnesota game back on 3/24. That was 3.5 weeks ago! I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter of the Nuggets game the next night when CP3 returned and once he did… and once we did what we do at the end of that game… I think I just kinda shutdown my hardcore-fandom for a little bit. Kinda cooling my jets until the playoffs started. Feel like Ive been coasting for a month. Haven’t watched a full game since then except for that GS clincher game.

All of which is to say… BRING THIS ISH ON TOMORROW!!!!!

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel like it has been FOREVER since I really watched a Suns game with the kind of hardcore interest I did the first 70 games of the season. Those first 70 or so games, I was locked in, every night they were on.

But because we blew everyone away in the standings, I think the last time I even watched a full game was the Minnesota game back on 3/24. That was 3.5 weeks ago! I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter of the Nuggets game the next night when CP3 returned and once he did… and once we did what we do at the end of that game… I think I just kinda shutdown my hardcore-fandom for a little bit. Kinda cooling my jets until the playoffs started. Feel like Ive been coasting for a month. Haven’t watched a full game since then except for that GS clincher game.

I feel that 100 percent. The Philly game on 3/27 was the last time I feel like I was super energetic about watching the Suns. Not that I didn’t enjoy the Lakers’ blowouts but it just felt different.

Now that we’re in the playoffs, I’m amped. I can’t wait for 8 o’clock central here in Texas lol. I’m looking forward to playoff DA going beast mode.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The wife and I will be downtown early getting a start on "festivities" before we enter the arena. GO SUNS!
What are your pre-game haunts? I've been to about 20 games this year, I will be at game 2, our usual routine is the George and Dragon for some cheap drinks, then hop on the train and either pop into Shamus or Majerles or head straight in.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are your pre-game haunts? I've been to about 20 games this year, I will be at game 2, our usual routine is the George and Dragon for some cheap drinks, then hop on the train and either pop into Shamus or Majerles or head straight in.
It varies. We try and go to different places each time we go before heading to a bar in the arena to grab a drink before we sit.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I'm expecting a board meltdown during 1st half jitters. And then total annihilation 2nd half. The Easter Margaritas are going to be real nice when we're up by 20

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same. It has never happened that we had everything locked up with so many games left. Except for a lot of the "not in playoffs" seasons.

I am confident we will sweep the Pelicans. Maybe lose one game. I have never felt such a lack of stress entering a series. Very glad it isn't the Clippers.