Pelicans @ Suns Friday game thread 10-28-2022

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McC lost his legs in the second half, bridges made him pay.

Bench guys were great again. Nice job by Jock and Bizz stepping in for ayton. Cam Johnson bring more points than his previous outings.

Pelicans definitely tried to force the physicality and we’re borderline dirty.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever Torrey Craig is doing, it seems to be working.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bridges and Ayton infuriate me. Both of those guys have the skills, size and athleticism to be superstars.
Ayton…yes definitely agree. Mikal has All-Star potential but he’s not a number 1, which he’d have to be in order to be a superstar. Plus, his ballhandling a shot creation, while better aren’t elite. But as a two-way force, I can definitely see that for sure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton…yes definitely agree. Mikal has All-Star potential but he’s not a number 1, which he’d have to be in order to be a superstar. Plus, his ballhandling a shot creation, while better aren’t elite. But as a two-way force, I can definitely see that for sure.
Bridges doesn’t have superstar talent but he definitely has all star talent that he should be reaching by the time he’s 26 years old. He’s not young.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
by the end of the game i was amazed Bridges had 27 because he only took 13 shots

i underestimated Biz, he only does a couple of things, but he does them very well

love Lansdale. don't care what his stats look like at the end of games. He plays hard. makes his presence felt. Craig has also been having a similar effect lately

Payne is rounding out some aspects of his game.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the announcer said the Pelicans could be a "surprise" team this year. shouldn't be a surprise
-- along with the Warriors and Clippers they are ridiculously deep

regarding the playoffs, any of those teams could lose a star and still have potential to advance
we don't have that luxury
if Booker, Paul or Ayton go down, we're not getting back to the Finals

but i am assuming we will be using our picks to add a significant talent by mid-season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I must say I've been all over Payne the last year....last 2 games its been wonderful to see the old Payne...Him being his old self is probably the biggest boost for this team...it's huge

Payne was great tonight, his herky jerky playstyle had his defenders on their back heels all game, he seemed able to get to wherever he wanted on the court, had some great assists too.

But more so than Payne, Craig was fantastic in this game. The first half run where we went from 8 down to 8 up in a short amount of time was largely him, just dominating the game and without having a play ran for him, just pure hustle on both ends.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I must say I've been all over Payne the last year....last 2 games its been wonderful to see the old Payne...Him being his old self is probably the biggest boost for this team...it's huge
They are saying that the difference is playing with Jock instead of JaVale. JaVale did not have range so he clogged up the middle on offense making it difficult for CamP to operate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the announcer said the Pelicans could be a "surprise" team this year. shouldn't be a surprise
-- along with the Warriors and Clippers they are ridiculously deep

regarding the playoffs, any of those teams could lose a star and still have potential to advance
we don't have that luxury
if Booker, Paul or Ayton go down, we're not getting back to the Finals

but i am assuming we will be using our picks to add a significant talent by mid-season

The Pelicans were good last season in the playoffs. That's why losing to Dallas made it that much harder.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose