Pelicans @ Suns 2-28-14

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pelicans play at the Suns tonight with an Arizona start time of 8:30PM. Both team's stars, Davis for the Pelicans and Dragic for the Suns are game time decisions. IMO, I would like to see the Suns rest Dragic at least another game, regardless of the outcome. He has reportedly twisted his right ankle on several occasions this season and the ankle is reportedly still sore. On a positive note, Barbosa should play.

Pelicans (23-34) at Suns (33-24) … 8:30 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Greg Stiemsma … Miles Plumlee

PF: Anthony Davis … Channing Frye

SF: Al-Farouq Aminu … P.J. Tucker

SG: Eric Gordon … Gerald Green

PG: Brian Roberts … Goran Dragic

Key Pelicans injuries: Anthony Davis (left shoulder sprain) is questionable. Ryan Anderson (herniated disk) is out. Jrue Holiday (right leg stress fracture) is out. Jason Smith (knee surgery) is out for the season.

Key Pelicans reserves: Tyreke Evans, Luke Babbitt, Alexis Ajinca, Anthony Morrow, Austin Rivers.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/p...ns-pelicans-dragic-davis-game-time-decisions/

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Davis and Dragic both don't play, this will be the ugliest game of the NBA this season.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
On a positive note, Barbosa should play.
Do you really consider Barbosa to be a legitimate fill-in at Point Guard any more than Ish or Goodwin or Christmas, all of whom have experience playing the Point at some time in their careers?

Leandro is, and always will be, an undersized Shooting Guard best used outside the rotation as a point-a-minute man for a few minutes when the team needs a jolt, even if Bledsoe and Dragic were healthy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you really consider Barbosa to be a legitimate fill-in at Point Guard any more than Ish or Goodwin or Christmas, all of whom have experience playing the Point at some time in their careers?

Leandro is, and always will be, an undersized Shooting Guard best used outside the rotation as a point-a-minute man for a few minutes when the team needs a jolt, even if Bledsoe and Dragic were healthy.

Barbosa is not a PG as discussed over the years but he is a combo guard of sorts. If Dragic is out tonight, it is nice to have him as an option. I could argue that Ish is not a true PG in the sense, distributing the ball is not his strong suit.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I could argue that Ish is not a true PG in the sense, distributing the ball is not his strong suit.
You're right. Which is why I asked if you consider Barbosa to be a legitimate fill-in at Point Guard any more than Ish or Goodwin or Christmas.

To add Barbosa to the Point Guard mix tonight reminds me of the old saying, "Too many cooks spoil the broth."

To give Leandro a few minutes spelling Gerald Green at Shooting Guard until Dragic returns wouldn't be as disruptive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right. Which is why I asked if you consider Barbosa to be a legitimate fill-in at Point Guard any more than Ish or Goodwin or Christmas.

To add Barbosa to the Point Guard mix tonight reminds me of the old saying, "Too many cooks spoil the broth."

To give Leandro a few minutes spelling Gerald Green at Shooting Guard until Dragic returns wouldn't be as disruptive.

And not enough cooks, you starve. :)

I do think Barbosa is a better fill-in option bringing the ball up the court than Christmas, also probably better Goodwin. However, I like to see the rookie get playing time.

The announcers are now saying Dragic will play tonight. I hope he is not coming back too soon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Dragic the Suns are only a shell of a team. Hopefully Bledsoe gets back and gives opposing defenses another headache.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our starters in the last 5 games:

Plumlee - 5.4 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 46 % shooting

Frye - 8.0 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 39 % shooting

Tucker - 4.4 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 29 % shooting

Green - 15.4 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 40 % shooting

Dragic - 18.5 PPG, 3.0 APG, 58 % shooting

Dragic's been good, but for everyone else, not a good time to start slumping. Maybe a change needs to be made.

- RealGM
Those numbers are horrid. Especially the front court.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those numbers are horrid. Especially the front court.

Can't do much about the front court now that's why I, like you, wanted the Suns to explore signing Fredette.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns defensive hustle has brought them back in the game. Dragic has 34 points. No doubt who is the Suns star.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Another great game by Dragic and the Morris twins so far. Good day for Phoenix with Memphis and Dallas losing. Hope the losing streak ends tonight!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish with a huge shot at the 1:31 mark. Can the Suns hang on, 108-100.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Goran is the Suns' Superstar. He needs some serious help, but I no longer think the Suns need to find this mythical "Superstar" as Dragic has really grown into that role.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic with 40 points. Wow.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Goran is the Suns' Superstar. He needs some serious help, but I no longer think the Suns need to find this mythical "Superstar" as Dragic has really grown into that role.

100% agree. It's a shame how much people undervalue Dragic.

I'm a Bledsoe fan and think he can be really, really good. But if I had to choose I'd take Dragic. No question.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% agree. It's a shame how much people undervalue Dragic.

I'm a Bledsoe fan and think he can be really, really good. But if I had to choose I'd take Dragic. No question.

Let's hope the Suns have two stars in these two players.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Haha, you've got to love the guys congratulating Dragic on his first 40! I wonder whether this team's cohesion is similar to the 2010 team.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dragic's just a special, special player. He is the full package. Carrying this team on his back with a bad ankle.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Its the front page story on ESPN.com. And to think the braintrust at the time wanted Felton the Bandito. Sarver saved his own franchise that day.

I think the thing I like most about Dragic is that he wanted to be here when nobody else did.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What's REALLY awesome is that Dragic has really improved his shot enough that he can now play the two spot.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz