Pay it Forward

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Great story and a great gesture. My wife and I have done things similar to that. We saw a young couple in a restaurant one day with two small children and noticed how attentive and playful they were with their kids, so I told the waitress to give me their check and I paid it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Clearly we gave him too much in his contract if he can afford to pay for someone's checked bags!

...I kid. Good on him.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too often we only hear the negative stories about NFL athletes. Sometimes it's just nice to hear about little things like this. It's amazing what a small gesture can do for someone.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard (@Kyle_Odegard) tweeted at 2:05 PM on Tue, Jun 05, 2018:
Cardinals TE Jermaine Gresham doesn't have Twitter and had no idea his act of kindness at the airport last week became national news. A friend let him know via text. "He’s like, ‘Yo, you’re a viral sensation.’ I was like, 'For what? I didn’t get arrested.'"

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jermaine Gresham Unwittingly Goes Viral
The social media world is rife with self-promoters angling to get famous.

Jermaine Gresham just wanted to help someone in need.

The Cardinals tight end went viral last week after he paid a $50 bag fee to get a stranded airport passenger on her flight to Phoenix. The recipient of his kindness, Delilah Cassidy, shared the story on Twitter, and it was retweeted thousands of times.
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/jermaine-gresham-unwittingly-goes-viral

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals TE Jermaine Gresham humbled by response to viral deed as rehab continues
Jermaine Gresham isn't on Twitter, but thousands of users got to learn more about him thanks to a viral thread last week.

The Cardinals tight end paid $50 to help a stranger, Delilah Cassidy, pay her baggage fee and make her flight.

While he brushed it off as a simple gesture that anyone in his situation would do, Cassidy's tweets got picked up by numerous outlets. Gresham remained unaware, until he got a text from Cardinals social media manager Brandon Naidus.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...resham-humbled-response-viral-deed/675319002/

Polecat

Reaction score
The texts of the tweets do not show on my page.
Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Refreshing to see a story about a football player that didn't involve some kind of police involvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What i find fascinating is the jekyl/Hyde element here. He’s obviously an incredibly socially-conscious and empathetic individual off the field, but in the field he’s combative and most likely to get an emotionally-driven unnecessary roughness or fighting penalty at the worst possible moment. Maybe they’re both symptomatic of caring too much?

Regardless these are incredible stories of an impressive human being.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bump! I just read this story today somewhere else and was happy to see we already had a thread about it.

Lots of bad news for the Cards lately, let's not paint them all with the same brush though. :) This is a great story and he sounds like a really good person.