Paul: All-Star; no Book

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounded like an insult but it’s just a fact. Booker and Paul were the best players on their team last year and we saw the results. There’s a reason one of then is loved by impact stats and the other is hated by them.

And what did Booker's impact stats look like during that 8 game stretch where the team was finally healthy and in shape and not on suspension?

Not to be argumentative but it wasn't "just a fact" - you implied a conclusion from those numbers. We didn't see the result of Booker, we saw the result of a horrible set of rosters that included Booker.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
And what did Booker's impact stats look like during that 8 game stretch where the team was finally healthy and in shape and not on suspension?

Not to be argumentative but it wasn't "just a fact" - you implied a conclusion from those numbers. We didn't see the result of Booker, we saw the result of a horrible set of rosters that included Booker.

We’ve seen what certain caliber players do with bad rosters. I’m over the Luka thing but he’s younger and already carrying pretty mediocre rosters to the playoffs. Harden at the same age was getting those Houston teams in with Chandler Parsons as their 2nd banana.

As for the bubble I’ve said the impact from it outweighed the accomplishment of it considering the circumstances. The teams that were already in weren’t playing for anything. Sounds like hating but I was saying the same thing in real time.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks. As I mentioned, it's an eye problem. I peruse the topics every few days and post occasionally.

I can no longer watch the Suns, Mercury (when on) or D-backs, but I do check the box scores.

And I balance that with a few concerts, mystery shows and documentaries on PBS and a Turner
Classic Movie once in a while. And CNN news to keep up on events. A variety in moderation.

I'll share the eye problem with you. It's not in the eye. It's sinus pressure on my left eye.
Whoever thought of something like that? But my eyes are 80 years old. I do take Allegra.
I’m no doctor but couldn’t it be alleviated if you wore a patch over that eye so it’s not straining? I slept in a holiday inn last night.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I’m no doctor but couldn’t it be alleviated if you wore a patch over that eye so it’s not straining? I slept in a holiday inn last night.
That's a good thought, Ouchie. I'll think about it. Luckily, as I looked
at the unread posts, I opened yours.

Ironically, after being at the computer for a while, I just covered
each eye in reading the small print here.

The left eye was blurred. The right eye was also not very clear.

But when I used both eyes, it was clearer. As well as retaining
depth perception. I'm concerned that an eye patch might put
all of the pressure on my better eye.

And I'll be looking to see if the new sinus medication my doctor
suggested will reduce the sinus pressure on my left eye.

I appreciate your suggestion.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's a good thought, Ouchie. I'll think about it. Luckily, as I looked
at the unread posts, I opened yours.

Ironically, after being at the computer for a while, I just covered
each eye in reading the small print here.

The left eye was blurred. The right eye was also not very clear.

But when I used both eyes, it was clearer. As well as retaining
depth perception. I'm concerned that an eye patch might put
all of the pressure on my better eye.

And I'll be looking to see if the new sinus medication my doctor
suggested will reduce the sinus pressure on my left eye.

I appreciate your suggestion.
Was just thinking what a shame it is to miss watching this season after having suffered through the past decade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant and Lebron James choose All-Star teams. James says "There’s no slander to the Utah Jazz"

By Tim Bontemps ESPN:

The final two players on the board ended up being Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert of the league-leading Utah Jazz. Mitchell was eventually selected by James while Durant took Gobert.

The Jazz are at the top of the NBA with a 27-9 record, and their two All-Stars going last caused some
controversy on the TNT set. James attempted to defend himself and Durant for how things shook out.

"I just want to say something, because there's no slander to the Utah Jazz," James said with a smile.
"But you guys got to understand, just like in video games growing up, we never played with Utah. Even as great as Karl Malone and John Stockton were, we never would have picked those guys. Never."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...21-nba-all-star-draft-utah-jazz-stars-go-last

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BC867

I know you like the Mercury.

Skylar Diggins-Smith is part of the Suns broadcast team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Finally have a reason to not like the captains picking their squads. The fact that we have 2 all stars and they will be playing against each other. Of course it’s not exactly a serious game anyway.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Looks like Book is out of the All Star game with a sore knee from when he banged it last night.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Book is out of the All Star game with a sore knee from when he banged it last night.

really didn’t get why he was brought back. Glad he’s sitting out and just getting rest.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not surprised, his knee looked like it bent sideways in the replay.

I don’t understand why they continued to play him after he got hurt.

I hope he can come back after the break, but I am a bit worried.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not surprised, his knee looked like it bent sideways in the replay.

I don’t understand why they continued to play him after he got hurt.

I hope he can come back after the break, but I am a bit worried.

Me too. My initial reaction was damage, not bruise. Hope for the best but we'll see.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Devin already had problems with his right elbow. My concern turns to his health beyond the All-Star game.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Day to Day. He might miss Portland, but should be ready after that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA