Patrick Williams

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrick Williams is 18.74 year old freshman small forward/power forward candidate from Florida State. He stands a reported 6' 8" and weighs 225 pounds.

This past season in 29 games Williams shot .459 from the field, .320 from 3 point range and averaged 4 rebounds.

Looks to develop into an NBA player who can play both forward positions.

In some snippets from The Ringer, they describe him as such:

Pluses

• Good playmaker for his size due to his solid handle and excellent passing vision. He loves to use hesitations, especially in the pick-and-roll, and he can deliver accurate passes off the dribble.
  • Does the little things like cutting, screening, and rebounding. With his size and skill, it’s projectable for a team to use him like a big as an on-ball screener who can pop for 3s or dive to the rim.
  • Smart, athletic team defender who communicates and disrupts actions with timely help defense.
Minuses

• He totaled nearly double the number of turnovers (50) as he did assists (29). Despite a knack for playmaking, he got called for countless travels due to raw footwork and forced drives into traffic.
  • Stiff man-to-man defender without the versatility to reliably switch onto guards and wings. He’s clunky moving laterally and changing directions, so he gets burned regularly.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

In mock drafts, Tankathon has him ranked #28, NBA Draft Room #11, NBADraft.Net #24 and The Ringer #17.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some video which gives a flavor of his game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Definitely another trade down candidate but not a huge fan at #10, and there are other trade down candidates that I like more. His fg% is pretty unimpressive for a big man (even a modern one), but he is a very good free throw shooter which leads credence to the possibility of both his fg and 3pt percentages to improve. His rebounding numbers are pretty bleh as well. The way the draft is shaping up, if we stay at #10, a trade down seems most appealing if someone unexpected doesn’t slide down a bit to us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely another trade down candidate but not a huge fan at #10, and there are other trade down candidates that I like more. His fg% is pretty unimpressive for a big man (even a modern one), but he is a very good free throw shooter which leads credence to the possibility of both his fg and 3pt percentages to improve. His rebounding numbers are pretty bleh as well. The way the draft is shaping up, if we stay at #10, a trade down seems most appealing if someone unexpected doesn’t slide down a bit to us.

I view Williams as a trade down candidate as well. I'd like to add a second round pick(s) in a trade down but I think James Jones would be more interested in a veteran.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson