Patrick Peterson: Steve Wilks 'will be here next year'

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Everyone has, and is entitled to, their own opinion. Doesn't mean it has any basis in fact.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
god why are the players begging for wilks to be back do they really want another 3 and 13 or worse season....

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So, the players are already in revolt of the "new" coach coming in...just GREAT!! IF they do keep Wilks and the stadium is playing to half-empty with more fans in attendance from the other teams...then, maybe, the players will understand the situation.

Mark in SC :)

NOTE: I have nothing personal against Coach Wilks who by all accounts is a good man, but fans, especially Cardinal fans, after so many years of disappointment are not going to patiently wait for a "winner."

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Players are doing there best to try and walk that line.

What are they supposed to say. Are they supposed to throw the coach under the bus in public? What if they do that and the Cards decide to bring back Wilks? Now you have a mess.

Don't read anything into this

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
for the sake of our fanbase the supposed to be head coach willks has to go
if someone try to defend him better following him

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hey, I've personally had bosses I've really liked even though they weren't great at their jobs. Sometime that was part of the appeal. Less accountability, preferential treatment, etc. I've also left some of those bosses.

I've also left because the talent around me was lackluster, and we weren't going to succeed as a team anytime soon, handing me extra work.

I get why PP21 is talking out of both sides of his mouth, but Wilks should go.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
To those that think he's toeing the line, Wouldn't it be easier if he just said "those decisions aren't up to me" and leave it at that?

Confusing that this guy wanted to be traded midseason and is now doing some serious backpedaling.

Reactions: PJ1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
To those that think he's toeing the line, Wouldn't it be easier if he just said "those decisions aren't up to me" and leave it at that?

Confusing that this guy wanted to be traded midseason and is now doing some serious backpedaling.
Unless the issue aint wilks? Maybe they are expecting him to make major staff changes?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I've personally had bosses I've really liked even though they weren't great at their jobs. Sometime that was part of the appeal. Less accountability, preferential treatment, etc. I've also left some of those bosses.

I've also left because the talent around me was lackluster, and we weren't going to succeed as a team anytime soon, handing me extra work.

I get why PP21 is talking out of both sides of his mouth, but Wilks should go.

Solar, that's a great post and excellent perspective. I completely agree.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MB needs to listen to the fans. More and more season tickets holders are either selling their tickets or not showing up to the games. If Wilks is brought back there will be a lot that do not renew their season tickets. Like me. State Farm will look like the old ASU stadium which was always half empty or with more team shirts of the opponents than Cards.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cardinals: For weeks, it's been clear that the Cardinals are mulling moving on from coach Steve Wilks. As of now, it would be a major surprise if they stuck with him for 2019, despite Larry Fitzgerald and Patrick Petersonpublicly stumping for Wilks. GM Steve Keim has already done research to prepare for a move. If he does somehow stay, Wilks would be expected to make major staff changes, including moving on from both coordinators. One option on offense if he did stay would be to bring in Jim Caldwell (if he doesn't get a head job) to call plays and help develop QB Josh Rosen. But at this point, Wilks may not get the opportunity to offer that.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001004918/article/a-look-at-possible-nfc-coaching-changes