Path to the draft....trades, rumors, etc

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Anyone feel that Dolphins might have paid too much to move from 12 to 6? Flopping later picks and a 2nd rounder seems more right than a 1st rounder. I guess they really desire whoever they think will be there at 6. I'm thinking Dolphins want Pitts, or Chase if Pitts is gone.

Doesn't appear that Eagles are going WR to trade back like that. Maybe they covet one of the CBs or Edge rushers?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I just had a vision: Cards don't need a RB. All we need to do is offer the Jets our 2nd for Sam Darnold and move Kyler to RB. Case solved. Now all we need is a CB and a sign on the door that reads: Closed for Business.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a vision: Cards don't need a RB. All we need to do is offer the Jets our 2nd for Sam Darnold and move Kyler to RB. Case solved. Now all we need is a CB and a sign on the door that reads: Closed for Business.

did you really just suggest trading for Sam Darnold?

:biglaugh:

that’s sillier than some of your polls....

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IMO the Dolphins have always wanted Smith, and now they will probably get him.

To me the "impossible" scenario is that Chase is there at #16. Its a less than 2% chance I know, but its why you don't trade the pick until you are on the clock.

Jamar Chase would lock us in as a top offense for years.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I’m going to keep saying it.. the people demand the “SissyBoyFloyd and THESMEL” podcast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO the Dolphins have always wanted Smith, and now they will probably get him.

To me the "impossible" scenario is that Chase is there at #16. Its a less than 2% chance I know, but its why you don't trade the pick until you are on the clock.

Jamar Chase would lock us in as a top offense for years.
That's a pipedream. But, a nice dream at that.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Michael Lombardi
@mlombardiNFL
· 9m
When you examine the QB's from the Shanahan tree, Mike and Kyle, the one player that fits is Mac Jones. Why is everyone surprised that Mac could go three? Didn't all the wideouts at Alabama say, Mac was better than you know who?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is especially true with Chase. He has, for example, noted that he’s talked with the Bengals multiple times. And a recent report hinted that Burrow himself has nudged the Bengals toward drafting his former teammate.

But now Trey Wingo of Pro Football Network says he’s received a text from a Bengals coach shooting down the idea Burrow asked the Bengals to draft Chase.

So which is it? Good luck figuring it out — welcome to smokescreen season.

Bengals and Ja’Marr Chase smokescreens hitting overdrive before NFL draft (yahoo.com)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Lombardi
@mlombardiNFL
· 9m
When you examine the QB's from the Shanahan tree, Mike and Kyle, the one player that fits is Mac Jones. Why is everyone surprised that Mac could go three? Didn't all the wideouts at Alabama say, Mac was better than you know who?

he’s so not good. Let’s see playing behind future first rounders throwing to future first rounders can make anyone look good.

remember guys here wanted AJ Mcarron? That was hilarious.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OL

You don't lose your QB to a season ending injury, have a terrible offensive line and then pass on a top lineman. (Though we are talking about the Bengals so you may be on to something)

Is a good deep class of linemen, they can take a lineman in round 2 and 3
Chase and Burrow have chemistry already

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Young believes Zach Wilson is 49ers' no doubt QB choice at No. 3
"There's no question in my mind that if they can figure out how to get Zach, that's their No. 1 first choice," Young told KNBR's "Tolbert, Krueger & Brooks." "I just don't know how they get it done. The Jets have committed to Zach and recruited the family. I just don't know how that gets undone, but look, a lot can happen.

"I think Zach would love it (if the 49ers drafted him), the family would love it, nothing would make anyone happier. I think the 49ers, that's their unstated first choice, so that would be wonderful. If that can happen, they'll figure it out, and ... I think he's ready to play."

Steve Young believes Zach Wilson is 49ers' no doubt QB choice at No. 3 (yahoo.com)

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NFL rumors: Kyle Shanahan wants Mac Jones; 49ers personnel team disagrees
"Yeah, I know Kyle Shanahan loves Mac," Patrick said, reading a text from a source. "Was told personnel department is still hoping to change his mind to Trey Lance. I get that Mac fits what he does, but man, I would want a lot more with that third pick."

Another source told Patrick they are hearing that Jones is the expected pick, while a third source said they believe Lance makes more sense with the 49ers' plan for 2021.
NFL rumors: Kyle Shanahan wants Mac Jones; 49ers personnel team disagrees (yahoo.com)

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Head coaches whose forte is the offense want a quarterback who can execute their offense. That is the appeal of Mac Jones and Kyle Trask.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose