Passer Rating Allowed (PFF)...Patrick Peterson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy how good you can look when you aren't having to cover the best WRs on every team for every snap of games.

For years it drove me nuts people capping on PP21. He was covering the best guy 1 on 1 on a team that blitzed more than anybody so if you get beat, there is no help.

The defense this year doesn't blitz as much, he has been amazing again in coverage. We're playing more zone this year than in recent years and PP seems to be figuring that out too, although I still think not playing man is a waste of his talent, he basically takes away a 1/3 of the field on most plays.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was always excellent in coverage, but his physical play was lacking IMHO. I think I may have coined the phrase big ——, but this year he’s done a lot better. Have to give credit when it’s due.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My quote was in sarcasm. Never bought into Mitch's fever that P2's tackling doesn't make him a premier player .

I would have gladly rented a non-tackling Deion Sanders if it resulted in a SB. :biglaugh:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was always excellent in coverage, but his physical play was lacking IMHO. I think I may have coined the phrase big ——, but this year he’s done a lot better. Have to give credit when it’s due.

Anyone who watched him at LSU knew he could stick his nose in to a tackle. It was simply the nature of the 'D' scheme we played prior to this season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Even then, he was still grading out as one of the top CBs in the NFL.

I may be biased, but he's the best at his position.
Let me clear one thing up. My comment was made for PFFs CB grading system than Peterson. He is the best CB in the league. That hasn't changed form last year. But last year, because PFF grades players with the same weight regardless of how they are used to cover, his grade did not match the tape.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He finishes the season as the 3rd best CB in the league according to PFF.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson