Parks and Recreation (NBC)

OP
OP
A

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Paul Rudd as Bobby Newport was great. Read he will be in more episodes. Rudd is one of the few people I will go see everything they do. Just a funny guy. Also this episode was hilarious. Ben, Jerry, and Tom doing their voice-overs was great and Andy throwing the ball against the wall had me rewinding the DVR to watch it a couple of times. This is by far the best comedy currently on tv and I wish more people would watch.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a fantastic freaking show. LOVE IT.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic finale! Such a great show. Glad it picked up for another season...

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved Ben and Leslie's wedding. What a cute couple, I love them.

This show is awesomely funny.

Ron Swanson is GOD.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's back on and it's still funny - this show never fails to crack me up. even on nights when it's off, it's still funny.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Where to start...

Never watched this show on TV, just wasn't interested. Then the other day I was at my friends house and she was watching it and we were both laughing so I thought I would give it a try, she told me the first 5 seasons are on Netflix.

I thought it started slow, but by the mid point in season 2 I was totally in love with this show. Very funny, very subtle at times, totally over-the-top at other times, good characters, good relationships. Like I really really liked it, one of my favorite shows ever.

Then season 6 came. Spoilers ahead dont continue reading if you dont want to know.

Everything up to the mid point was great, I actually thought the episode where Chris and Anne finally left was extremely well done, very emotional, really really good stuff.

Then the show jumped the shark for me. The plot after that episode was just weird and off track for this shows history. I mean from Leslie being pregnant with triplets to Rons character totally changing overnight, April suddenly got way nicer (and more boring). Random happenstances of everything working out perfect...

But it was still funny, just not the show it once was.

It's almost like the show was supposed to end when Chris and Anne left, and the writers didn't know what to do from there... I kinda wish it had just ended there now, I guess we will see where it goes.

Will still watch season 7, and I still love what they did for the first 5.5 seasons. Very cute show with a lot of heart and Ron Swanson is one of the best characters ever created! haha.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where to start...

Never watched this show on TV, just wasn't interested. Then the other day I was at my friends house and she was watching it and we were both laughing so I thought I would give it a try, she told me the first 5 seasons are on Netflix.

I thought it started slow, but by the mid point in season 2 I was totally in love with this show. Very funny, very subtle at times, totally over-the-top at other times, good characters, good relationships. Like I really really liked it, one of my favorite shows ever.

Then season 6 came. Spoilers ahead dont continue reading if you dont want to know.

Everything up to the mid point was great, I actually thought the episode where Chris and Anne finally left was extremely well done, very emotional, really really good stuff.

Then the show jumped the shark for me. The plot after that episode was just weird and off track for this shows history. I mean from Leslie being pregnant with triplets to Rons character totally changing overnight, April suddenly got way nicer (and more boring). Random happenstances of everything working out perfect...

But it was still funny, just not the show it once was.

It's almost like the show was supposed to end when Chris and Anne left, and the writers didn't know what to do from there... I kinda wish it had just ended there now, I guess we will see where it goes.

Will still watch season 7, and I still love what they did for the first 5.5 seasons. Very cute show with a lot of heart and Ron Swanson is one of the best characters ever created! haha.

Awesome recap, thanks for sharing. I have similar thoughts, too.

Ron Swanson is GOD.

I even have a t-shirt with his face that says "give me all the bacon and eggs you have." LOVE HIM!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Awesome recap, thanks for sharing. I have similar thoughts, too.

Ron Swanson is GOD.

I even have a t-shirt with his face that says "give me all the bacon and eggs you have." LOVE HIM!

Haha yes I love it!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final Season begins January 13. Back to back episodes each Tuesday night through February 24 which will be the finale. I love this show so much and am sad that it will be ending. It's time though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Final Season begins January 13. Back to back episodes each Tuesday night through February 24 which will be the finale. I love this show so much and am sad that it will be ending. It's time though.

Disagree. This show is one of the last great comedies on television. Never been a Big Bang fan and Modern Family has gone downhill over the past 2.5 years. It will be a sad day when it is over.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Disagree. This show is one of the last great comedies on television. Never been a Big Bang fan and Modern Family has gone downhill over the past 2.5 years. It will be a sad day when it is over.

I'll reserve judgement until we see where things go during this season because the a large part of the second half of last season was epic shark jumping that would make the discovery channel drool.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement until we see where things go during this season because the a large part of the second half of last season was epic shark jumping that would make the discovery channel drool.

Throwing out the last 5 minutes of the finale, how is the second half shark jumping? Because Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones left?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Throwing out the last 5 minutes of the finale, how is the second half shark jumping? Because Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones left?

I really was not trying to start an argument Chap, just my opinion. Everything felt like a completely different show to me after that moment. Characters were different, April acted different, Andy suddenly got smarter. Just felt off and the last episode, not just the last 5 minutes was way out in left field, again IMO. You disagree, I can respect that.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I really was not trying to start an argument Chap, just my opinion. Everything felt like a completely different show to me after that moment. Characters were different, April acted different, Andy suddenly got smarter. Just felt off and the last episode, not just the last 5 minutes was way out in left field, again IMO. You disagree, I can respect that.

I wasn't arguing, I just think a claim of that magnitude should have some explanation, which you have now provided. Although, can you supply any examples? We definitely disagree, but I find it fascinating that you think the show jumped the shark, when I've never heard that from anyone else.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still adjusting to the time jump but overall I am enjoying this season. Love having two episodes a week... Just sucks this show is over in February.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

some of the most recent modern family episodes were the funniest yet IMO. Especially the thanksgiving one.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Series finale on Tuesday. Can't believe it is almost over. I have been digging this season a lot. I will miss this show tremendously. :(

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really liked the finale. Looking back, I really liked the time jump this season. It re-energized the show and now I am sad it's over.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The wife and I watched this show over the last 6 months or so. Fantastic show! All characters where hilarious in their own way.

Ron Swanson is one of the best characters of all time. Every freak'n line and expression was awesome. Rob Lowe was a great addition too. Ben and his hobbies...oh boy. As an accountant, I probably found his character funnier than most did.

Really liked the finale. Looking back, I really liked the time jump this season. It re-energized the show and now I am sad it's over.
Yeah, we were nervous when they jumped forward. The first few episodes were disappointing, but it picked up and finished strong.

Now we're lost with no funny series to watch on Netflix. We're waiting for Big Bang, but it seems like that show will never stop producing new shows.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in season 6 of 7 of my Parks and Rec re-watch. I miss this show so much. Anyone who has never seen this show, give it a chance. It's so clever and heartwarming and fun.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Binged it about 2 months ago. It is AMAZING. Rewatched with my daughter and son. Rewatched again with my wife.

Yeah, it's great.

I live the way I live. I eat the things I eat. And I'll die the way I'll die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard