Panthers @ Cardinals postgame thread

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We are absolutely good enough. Our two top offensive players are hurt... three actually.... we got a beat up division rival next week then a bye.
So you play backups hoping maybe you pull out a win but it doesn’t matter... because you come out of the bye fully healthy and ready to make the playoff run to close out the season. Kyler Hop and Edmonds having nagging injuries the rest of the season can cost us a lot more than two games
Even if we lose them both we are still leading the division at 8-3
Never mind two guys that have been starting on the oline. I was surprised the announcers didn’t at least mention the fact the cards were missing a ton of guys.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Its unfortunate they need a kick in the pants when they get too comfortable in their own skin with all the praise and press clippings for being the #1 team in the league. Hopefully this is needed to push them through the rest of the season with all healthy players available?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
TEAM STATS
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images
TIME OF POS37:4222:18

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only chance we had to win after that terrible first half went out the window when McCoy missed Ertz on the roll left play. Then next drive underthrew a wide open Wesley and then got hurt game over. terrible effort by the whole team

Why was Chandler Jones in coverage so much? Why did he keep losing contain on the edge on runs?
I felt CJ is now just taking a walk on the field and preserving himself for the next contract.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are absolutely good enough. Our two top offensive players are hurt... three actually.... we got a beat up division rival next week then a bye.
So you play backups hoping maybe you pull out a win but it doesn’t matter... because you come out of the bye fully healthy and ready to make the playoff run to close out the season. Kyler Hop and Edmonds having nagging injuries the rest of the season can cost us a lot more than two games
Even if we lose them both we are still leading the division at 8-3
If today’s performance doesn’t concern you it should. Panthers had a backup playing QB also. We got killed by the Panthers at home. Our D didn’t show up either. Next week is huge. Losing 3 of 4 heading into the bye is not a plan.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just like the GB game, I don't understand why VJ didn't sell out to stop the run. Make the XFL superstar beat us throwing.

But I'm not a football coach, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
We all wonder about that. VJ's game-planning remains a mystery. He had the team focused on stopping the run vs. the Titans, the Browns, the 49ers, but not so much against the Packers and the Panthers when their RB is all they have left.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First of all we played like crap with a bunch of starters hurt! Second thing is Carolina will be in the playoff hunt book it they are not as bad as people though Darnold just sucked! Signing Cam and their defense makes them a threat to every team every week. That defense is fast and nasty. Let everyone think we are done now it’s funny even the announcers acted as though we were fielding our regular team out there today! It’s like they didn’t want to mention we are missing BIG TIME KEY PLAYERS.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all wonder about that. VJ's game-planning remains a mystery. He had the team focused on stopping the run vs. the Titans, the Browns, the 49ers, but not so much against the Packers and the Panthers when their RB is all they have left.
I am sure whatever the game plan was, it didn't include the down linemen getting shoved around the field almost at will. Both of our lines got crushed.

But, I did think he should have started blitzing the hell of out em when it was 14-0. I mean, nobody at all was beating blocks.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don’t care what anybody says, I don’t want homefield advantage at all. If it means going into Lambeau in January, so be it.

Team operates so much different at home as opposed to the road.
I was gonna post something similar. The rallying cry should be, Get the 5 Seed! :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This was an EMBARRASSING loss, only highlight is that it ended.
1. Cam Newton was unemployed 5 weeks, comes in and scores 2 TD's
2. Gave up 325 yards of total offense and still lose by 24.
3. Reddick giving Keim an up close look of the huge mistake he made letting him go.
4. Colt McCoy is not a capable back up, SF defense is REALLY bad.