Palmer expected to start today 10/12 vs WASH

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can hear the mad dash of the changing of picks in football pools. And I better go double check my pick for that game! :)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll take a little rusty

You must be registered for see images attach

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
.@JayGlazer reporting Bruce Arians needs to see Carson Palmer make all the throws before they decide who the starting QB will be today.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I'm happy by this news but at the same time I'm kinda nervous. I hope Palmer doesn't rush things.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd rather him sit out for one more week. Seems like he is rushing into this when he clearly wasn't 100% on Friday. Stanton is able to play, so why push it?

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Even if Carson Palmer can make all the throws in warmups---his shoulder is still not 100%, he hasn't been getting significant practice reps with the offense and as of two days ago all he was doing is lobbing the ball 30 yards. Having caught passes from Logan Thomas all week, the decrease in velocity from Thomas to Palmer could be too much of an adjustment for a WR unit that dropped too many passes last week.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Even if Carson Palmer can make all the throws in warmups---his shoulder is still not 100%, he hasn't been getting significant practice reps with the offense and as of two days ago all he was doing is lobbing the ball 30 yards. Having caught passes from Logan Thomas all week, the decrease in velocity from Thomas to Palmer could be too much of an adjustment for a WR unit that dropped too many passes last week.

I totally agree! I hope they don't start Palmer.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I suspect Drew makes the start. Given the injury situation at the position (and other positions on the team), why not leave the opposition guessing until kickoff?

Drew makes the most logical sense, all things considered.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Actually i think worse.

I don't think he could be worse than Lindley was as a rookie, he was probably the worst QB I think I ever saw. Thomas is probably worse than Skelton was though.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I liked Skelton, thought he had good pocket poise. Turns out he just didn't know what was going on.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm happy by this news but at the same time I'm kinda nervous. I hope Palmer doesn't rush things.

I'd rather him sit out for one more week. Seems like he is rushing into this when he clearly wasn't 100% on Friday. Stanton is able to play, so why push it?

Totally agree.

I just hope the Cards & Carson aren't acting in desperation. I'm very concerned his health isn't close to 100%, which could lead to another setback & end of postseason hopes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson