Palmer and Fitz contracts extended

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
“If you’re part of this organization and you’re on the inside, you see how great it is,” Palmer said earlier this week. “More importantly, you’ve been elsewhere, and you see how it is. You understand how special this place is from the top down. I think everybody in this locker room gets why they’re here.”

An awesome quote right there!!!!! Who woulda ever thunk it?
Man, we have come a long way.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“If you’re part of this organization and you’re on the inside, you see how great it is,” Palmer said earlier this week. “More importantly, you’ve been elsewhere, and you see how it is. You understand how special this place is from the top down. I think everybody in this locker room gets why they’re here.”

An awesome quote right there!!!!! Who woulda ever thunk it?
Feels great to read that. The FO has really risen to the top of the NFL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
When teams get good -- they have to start making tough decisions. It usually means letting good players go because you just can't afford them all.

I think the Fitz extension means that Keim has come to a few conclusions:

1. Floyd is going to get a really big number that the team can't afford and still have money to sign Chandler
2. Fitz working the middle with Smoke and JJ outside will be effective
3. Smoke needs a new contract after 2017.
4 it's way easier to find WRs than it is to find pass rushers (duh)
5. CC is gone after this year. With Gunter, Nkemdiche, etc -- they have the depth to compensate.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would much rather keep Calais than Floyd if I had the choice.

Floyd is the better player and much younger but he'll cost significantly more. For that reason I agree it would make more sense to keep CC on a team-friendly deal.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Floyd is the better player and much younger but he'll cost significantly more. For that reason I agree it would make more sense to keep CC on a team-friendly deal.
No way you're serious.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No way you're serious.

Why wouldn't i be? Floyd was our best receiver over the 2nd half of the season. At their best I'll take Floyd but CC is more consistent and he'll be cheaper which is why I'd rather bring him back.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
When teams get good -- they have to start making tough decisions. It usually means letting good players go because you just can't afford them all.

I think the Fitz extension means that Keim has come to a few conclusions:

1. Floyd is going to get a really big number that the team can't afford and still have money to sign Chandler
2. Fitz working the middle with Smoke and JJ outside will be effective
3. Smoke needs a new contract after 2017.
4 it's way easier to find WRs than it is to find pass rushers (duh)
5. CC is gone after this year. With Gunter, Nkemdiche, etc -- they have the depth to compensate.
This is how I see it playing out. Would like to keep Floyd at a reasonable price but it won't happen.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why wouldn't i be? Floyd was our best receiver over the 2nd half of the season. At their best I'll take Floyd but CC is more consistent and he'll be cheaper which is why I'd rather bring him back.
Floyd is a solid WR, but he's not even a top 20 WR right now. While Calais is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league. Also, a interior pass-Rusher is more important than a WR. CC is more consistent(like you said), but at his very best, I will take him & it's not even close, imo.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Floyd is a solid WR, but he's not even a top 20 WR right now. While Calais is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league. Also, a interior pass-Rusher is more important than a WR. CC is more consistent(like you said), but at his very best, I will take him & it's not even close, imo.

Agree. I think a question that plays into this situation is, have we already seen Floyd's best? We know what CC's top-end looks like (multiple pro-bowls).
IMHO, I lean in the direction that we have seen Floyd's best...which, ain't bad but not nearly worth what he will be asking and what many teams will likely pay him...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You know, Floyd can have a big game (meaning he actually gets the ball thrown his way and not Brown being force fed) and people on this forum go, "well, he was solid." Maybe he needs to do some prima donna crap since only Fitz seems to be allowed to be the quiet pro at WR and get attention for his character. Maybe Floyd needs to get another degree from another college since there is like a ton of hate to spare for Notre Dame on here. Floyd is without a doubt this forum's whipping boy and the odds on favorite for people to say 'trade' when we feel a need to. Is he a top 10 WR, hell I do not really know because this offense has so many options but he is a good #1 WR... I do not want to ponder this team without him or Campbell at the moment, I am just going to enjoy this whole team on what I hope is a Super Bowl run :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand how ARZ could let Floyd walk after this year when they could have gotten something for him this offseason if you believe the speculation he was put on the block before the draft. Yes, WR's are easy to find in the draft but ARZ will have some needs possibly at C, ILB, CB & DL (if CC leaves) next year so why add WR next year when they could have addressed the issue by getting a pick in this year's loaded WR draft? Maybe ARZ plans on using all their cap space next year to keep Jones, Floyd & Campbell, especially if they address CC's huge cap number this year which surprisingly hasn't happened despite all the talk about addressing it all offseason.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't understand how ARZ could let Floyd walk after this year when they could have gotten something for him this offseason if you believe the speculation he was put on the block before the draft. Yes, WR's are easy to find in the draft but ARZ will have some needs possibly at C, ILB, CB & DL (if CC leaves) next year so why add WR next year when they could have addressed the issue by getting a pick in this year's loaded WR draft? Maybe ARZ plans on using all their cap space next year to keep Jones, Floyd & Campbell, especially if they address CC's huge cap number this year which surprisingly hasn't happened despite all the talk about addressing it all offseason.

That's speculative to say they could've gotten something for him. No one knows if that is really true and we don't know if the Cardinals were offered a 1st rounder or a 5th rounder.

What if it worked out this way: The Cardinals trade Floyd to the Minnesota Vikings for a 3rd round pick in the 2017 NFL draft. Cardinals lose in the divisional round of the playoffs to the Green Bay Packers.

OR

The Cardinals win the 2016-17 Super Bowl Championship, and Floyd walks with no compensation.

Which scenario do you choose? :)