Rivers / Big Ben / or Fitz in 2004

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Denny loved Big Ben, and would have taken him over Eli

true story: at work i was asked if i would sub for my bosses' boss - (CEO of a well known big company in the valley) at a Cardinal event (they knew i was a big fan at a time when that wasnt so common)

event was at Mike B's house. I was by far the youngest of a relatively small group. Didnt exactly blend.

But -- Rod Graves and Denny were there and i got to ask them questions. Denny told me the plan right there: Sign Bertrand Berry in FA, and draft Larry Fitzgerald. I asked about the QBs: he said Manning was good but overrated due to his brother. He thought Ben was going to be the best.............. but they had Josh McCown.

Denny was kind of the star of the show and im not sure if most there knew who Rod Graves was, so i got to talk to Rod for 45 minutes. Answered every question. Super nice guy.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's wrong with that?
You don't have to participate.
You can start a thread of your own. Be sure it has never been mentioned before.
People can have a change of opinion.
There's really not much for long-term fans that has not already been discussed. You can make your comment about any topic that looks back in Card's history. Do we only get one time to bring up a topic? Are we supposed to remember every single mention of a topic so as to not bring it up again?

What is really old is the comment "We seen to have this thread every year."
*yawn*

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Denny loved Big Ben, and would have taken him over Eli

true story: at work i was asked if i would sub for my bosses' boss - (CEO of a well known big company in the valley) at a Cardinal event (they knew i was a big fan at a time when that wasnt so common)

event was at Mike B's house. I was by far the youngest of a relatively small group. Didnt exactly blend.

But -- Rod Graves and Denny were there and i got to ask them questions. Denny told me the plan right there: Sign Bertrand Berry in FA, and draft Larry Fitzgerald. I asked about the QBs: he said Manning was good but overrated due to his brother. He thought Ben was going to be the best.............. but they had Josh McCown.

Denny was kind of the star of the show and im not sure if most there knew who Rod Graves was, so i got to talk to Rod for 45 minutes. Answered every question. Super nice guy.

Love to hear those 'insider' reports. Denny Green called it on that draft in regards to Fitz, Big Ben, and '117-117 W/L with SB rings' Manning. SK probably would have traded back up in that draft and took Eli (LOL--just kidding).

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You must be tired? I guess that's what happens when you keep logging onto discussion threads that you're not interested in? Are you going to respond or are you going to go away?