Packers Suck

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bears are going to knock the snot out of them this weekend. Lambeau is no longer magical and Green will fumble twice.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
The Bears don't scare me. The Packers mistakes do. As weird as it sounds, the Packers have a more talented team than last year except for the Dline. Stupid mistakes, turnovers, and taking teams lightly has been their downfall. The Chiefs and the Eagles are supposed to be 2 of the best teams in the league, and the Packers totally outplayed both and gave away both games. The Packers had a 17 point lead on the Chiefs in the 4th quarter and gave it away.

When the Packers have lost this year, it usually has come down to the last minute of the game. The Packers rarely get blown out. The Packers have the talent to beat anyone in the weak NFC if they get their heads in the game. Whether they do get their heads in the game for the entire 4 quarters is what worries me more than the Bears.

No one deserves to win the NFC north the way they are all playing at the moment.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
The Bears don't scare me. The Packers mistakes do. As weird as it sounds, the Packers have a more talented team than last year except for the Dline. Stupid mistakes, turnovers, and taking teams lightly has been their downfall. The Chiefs and the Eagles are supposed to be 2 of the best teams in the league, and the Packers totally outplayed both and gave away both games. The Packers had a 17 point lead on the Chiefs in the 4th quarter and gave it away.

When the Packers have lost this year, it usually has come down to the last minute of the game. The Packers rarely get blown out. The Packers have the talent to beat anyone in the weak NFC if they get their heads in the game. Whether they do get their heads in the game for the entire 4 quarters is what worries me more than the Bears.

No one deserves to win the NFC north the way they are all playing at the moment.

Bears are currently playing the best football in the division IMO...probably a biased opinion LOL. But they are 4-2 over their last 6 games and have played pretty decent games the past 2 weeks against DEN and AZ.

Key is simple. Stop Green...and hopefully get into his head early with a fumble and (shuddering) make Favre beat you. I mean #4 has the record to show he is a Bear killer but I think this season more than any other he is showing to be erratic.

The Bears secondary has actually shown up and the run D has been average. Green is the key. I am waiting to see if the Bears can counter punch that big-heavy formation the Packers use to generate the running game. Not sure the Bears have the personnel to handle it effectively.

I think the Bears can move the ball against the Packers D but if Favre has a typical game against the Bears...

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Bears are currently playing the best football in the division IMO...probably a biased opinion LOL. But they are 4-2 over their last 6 games and have played pretty decent games the past 2 weeks against DEN and AZ.

Key is simple. Stop Green...and hopefully get into his head early with a fumble and (shuddering) make Favre beat you. I mean #4 has the record to show he is a Bear killer but I think this season more than any other he is showing to be erratic.

The Bears secondary has actually shown up and the run D has been average. Green is the key. I am waiting to see if the Bears can counter punch that big-heavy formation the Packers use to generate the running game. Not sure the Bears have the personnel to handle it effectively.

I think the Bears can move the ball against the Packers D but if Favre has a typical game against the Bears...

I don't expect the Bears to score a lot on offense unless the Packers turn it over a lot. The Packers defense got better when Joe Johnson was injured and put on IR for the year. He was washed up and worthless. Signing Grady Jackson a month ago has also helped stiffen up the Packer defense. He's made a big difference at the DT spot. He is stout against the run, and he helps push the pocket on passing attempts which has helped give KGB a few more opportunities to get to the QB since the QB can't always step up in the pocket like they were doing earlier in the year before Jackson arrived. The Packers were very fortunate to get a guy like Grady Jackson in the middle of the year.

Defensive Rookie of the year candidate Nick Barnett might be nicked up yet which could hurt, otherwise he's gotten better as the year has gone on. In my opinion he was the steal of the first round at the 29th pick. He's much better than over the hill Hardy Nickerson who we had last year.

I've seen parts of the last 2 Bears games while switching back and forth between 2 other games. Kordell seems to have more confidence than he had at the beginning of the season.

I'm hoping Favres thumb is better with the extra rest. He was just starting to get in a groove and move up near the top in QB ratings with some great games before he broke his thumb.

To me the game will either be a low scoring game that could go either way, or the Packers will show up with their game faces on and blow out the Bears. I don't see the Bears routing the Packers. You never know though I guess. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff this wacky season that surprised me because of parity. I still don't see a standout team in the NFC.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Packers really blew it when they crapped the bed (ahh Tony Famgino) last week against Detroit. As poorly as the Vikings have been playing lately, you have to wonder about the Pack. They came out flat....this late in the year there is no excuse for that.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
14-0 Bears 1st Quarter.

The Lambeau mystique is gone.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Bears are going to knock the snot out of them this weekend. Lambeau is no longer magical and Green will fumble twice.

It's a good thing the Packers Suck like you say, otherwise the Bears would have really been routed today :D

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace96/rock9614a.html

I still say that no team from the NFC North deserves to be in the playoffs the way they are all playing, although I was amazed the way the Vikings routed the Seahawks today.

P.S. - Beat the Vikings next week!

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Packers Suck

It's a good thing the Packers Suck like you say, otherwise the Bears would have really been routed today :D

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace96/rock9614a.html

I still say that no team from the NFC North deserves to be in the playoffs the way they are all playing, although I was amazed the way the Vikings routed the Seahawks today.

P.S. - Beat the Vikings next week!

I had high hopes...especially when the Bears jumped out 14-0. Oh well. This seals Jauron's fate IMO.

I hope we beat the Vikes and help you guys. Would rather the Packers win division than the Vikings.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

I had high hopes...especially when the Bears jumped out 14-0. Oh well. This seals Jauron's fate IMO.

I hope we beat the Vikes and help you guys. Would rather the Packers win division than the Vikings.

I agree about Jauron. I hope he plays Grossman the rest of the way though. I'm curious to see how Grossman does because I've read more differing opinions about him before the draft than any other player in last years draft.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

From today's paper:

"If the Packers and Vikings finish with identical records, they would have to go to the fourth tiebreaker - overall conference records. The Vikings, at 7-4, hold a half-game edge over Green Bay (7-5.) Minnesota has one conference game left against the Cardinals here Dec. 28."

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Originally posted by NickelBack
From today's paper:

"If the Packers and Vikings finish with identical records, they would have to go to the fourth tiebreaker - overall conference records. The Vikings, at 7-4, hold a half-game edge over Green Bay (7-5.) Minnesota has one conference game left against the Cardinals here Dec. 28."

Right - but they have to go through the Rams before they get to Arizona.

If the Rams can beat the Vikes and the Packers take care of business for their past two games - they should be okay.

Shawn

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Originally posted by FischerKing
If the Rams can beat the Vikes and the Packers take care of business for their past two games - they should be okay.

The Rams?!?

The Vikings host KC and play at Arizona.

Green Bay plays at the Raiders and hosts Denver.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

The Rams?!?

The Vikings host KC and play at Arizona.

Green Bay plays at the Raiders and hosts Denver.

Yeah - my bad.

Shawn

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Yeah - my bad.

Shawn

Sure, I guess.

Really pay attention to your team do you?

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Sure, I guess.

Really pay attention to your team do you?

Pay attention much? The Vikings aren't my team...:rolleyes:

Shawn

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Pay attention much? The Vikings aren't my team...

No, but, if the season ended today, they would win the division ahead of your team. But, with so many games left in the season, I guess that is a lot if information to process.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

No, but, if the season ended today, they would win the division ahead of your team. But, with so many games left in the season, I guess that is a lot if information to process.

Vikings have one conference game left (Arizona). So if they finished with the same record (9-7) and tie with the Packers, the Packers win the division because the Vikings will end up a half game back in the 4th tie-breaker.

However, if the Vikings lose to KC (which is a likely scenario) and the Packers beat Oakland and Denver then it doesn't matter - the Packers win the division and get in.

The Wildcard scenario is more convoluted - I think I need to implement calculus to figure it out. :)

Shawn

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Actually you are wrong. If the season ended today the Packers would win the division because the Packers currently hold the tie breaker against the Vikings. The Packers lose the tiebreaker against the Vikings though if both teams win out because of the opponents both teams face in their remaining 2 games which gives the tiebreakers back to the Vikings. Weird but true.

Niether team really desrves to go though the way they are playing at the moment.

Last edited:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Actually you are wrong. If the season ended today the Packers would win the division because the Packers currently hold the tie breaker against the Vikings. The Packers lose the tiebreaker against the Vikings though if both teams win out because of the opponents both teams face in their remaining 2 games which gives the tiebreakers back to the Vikings. Weird but true.

Niether team really desrves to go though the way they are playing at the moment.

Not to be blasphemeous but I'd rather not see the Packers in the playoffs this season. I'd rather them get a decent draft pick - start shoring up their Defense with FA signings and get this team back to some respectibility.

I think if they make it to the playoffs they are going to be in serious trouble.

Shawn

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

Not to be blasphemeous but I'd rather not see the Packers in the playoffs this season. I'd rather them get a decent draft pick - start shoring up their Defense with FA signings and get this team back to some respectibility.

I think if they make it to the playoffs they are going to be in serious trouble.

Shawn

I never want to lose to get a better draft pick. Last year we picked at the end of the round and got Barnett who might be the defensive rookie of the year, while a few years ago we moved up in the round and got stuck with Jamal "Too small" Reynolds who is a total bust. The draft is too big of crap shoot to do that in my opinion.

If the Packers make the playoffs which is a big if, I think they have a 50/50 chance of winning the opening game because they would most likely face either Carolina, Dallas, Seattle, or the Vikings. It's when they'd have to go on the road to face the Rams or Eagles where they would probably get stomped on.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Packers Suck

If the Packers make the playoffs which is a big if, I think they have a 50/50 chance of winning the opening game because they would most likely face either Carolina, Dallas, Seattle, or the Vikings. It's when they'd have to go on the road to face the Rams or Eagles where they would probably get stomped on.

Playing the Vikings they'd have to go to Minnesota - don't think I like that at all.

Those other teams don't really scare me - Dallas, Carolina or Seattle. The Rams and the Eagles are beatable - but I don't think by Green Bay.

Shawn

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison