Outrageous Foods

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ted's is THE BOMB. Mmmmm...Ted's.

I remember my parents (from Buffalo) being so excited about them coming here way way back. They just couldn't believe it. I drive by all the time now but rarely go there. Too expensive to take the whole family--especially when they (the kids) don't appreciate the difference between a 99 cent pack of 8 hot dogs at the grocery store, and Ted's.
Oh man, I used to work 5 min from Teds. I still remember what I would order (5 years ago). 1 footlong chili and cheese, 1 footlong with everything (but chili and cheese). Sometimes I would just get regulars instead of footlong. Yum.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only compare the Moreno Valley version but I prefer the Italian Beef from Chicago Pasta House over Portillo's. Love them both and Portillo's definitely has the better Giardintera but Chicago Pasta House has the better sandwich. I prefer Portillo's dogs and Italian sausage but Chicago Pasta House makes up for it with the best Chicago style stuffed crust pizza in Southern California.

I've never eaten at the Portillo's in Chicago but I heard from a friend that the fat guy that runs Chicago Pasta House has and he says his is better also. So I have anecdotal evidence on my side which certainly more than makes up for my lack of first hand knowledge.

Steve

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll still go to Luke's. Italian beef is still Italian beef. Not as good Italian beef is better than just about any roast beef sandwich you could get for example.

Ted's is very good. Expensive, but good.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I love Teds .... trips my family out when they visit they can get a white hot with relish out here

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll still go to Luke's. Italian beef is still Italian beef. Not as good Italian beef is better than just about any roast beef sandwich you could get for example.

Ted's is very good. Expensive, but good.
Completely not true (imo). I'd take that roast beef sub you got out of the vending machine before I'd get Luke's again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison