Outfield defense, Yasmany Tomas dragging down Diamondbacks

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fantastic article by Nick Piecoro. Check out this superb tid bit;

the Diamondbacks have wound up playing Tomas regularly, which hasn’t helped their cause; among major-league outfielders with at least 700 plate appearances since the start of last season, Tomas ranks dead last with negative-1.9 Wins Above Replacement

Read the article -
http://azc.cc/29Q1XKe

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Personally, I think Tomas should be traded before Shelby. Not saying Miller will ever be worth the trade value the Backs gave up, but he can still be a serviceable starter, if he can get his head straight...Tomas is what he is...I don't really see any further development coming from him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
unseenaz

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I think Tomas should be traded before Shelby. Not saying Miller will ever be worth the trade value the Backs gave up, but he can still be a serviceable starter, if he can get his head straight...Tomas is what he is...I don't really see any further development coming from him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

same.. unfortunately they are both about as equally untradable. Ya$ has a ridiculous contract (go look at Dayan Viciedo's contract and compare his numbers to Yasmany's)

And if you trade Miller now, you will get pennies on the dollar, I can't see this front office admitting they made a mistake a dumping miller, either.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
same.. unfortunately they are both about as equally untradable. Ya$ has a ridiculous contract (go look at Dayan Viciedo's contract and compare his numbers to Yasmany's)

And if you trade Miller now, you will get pennies on the dollar, I can't see this front office admitting they made a mistake a dumping miller, either.
Miller's contract is reasonable so ARZ doesn't need to move him yet. It would be a different story if he was on a bigger contract. Tomas belongs in the AL much like Trumbo.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tomas would actually yield a return with moderate value. His contract stinks but that rarely kills a deal between motivated teams. He'd be a better DH than half the AL teams are using. Miller on the other hand has zero trade value, we might as well keep him and pray for improvement.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In regards to Tomas and Shelby - just end it.

Stop trying to save the trade. Stop trying save the deal. Stop trying to get a little bit of sunshine out of it.

Its over. You flopped. Cut your losses, learn from these mistakes, and move on.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In regards to Tomas and Shelby - just end it.

Stop trying to save the trade. Stop trying save the deal. Stop trying to get a little bit of sunshine out of it.

Its over. You flopped. Cut your losses, learn from these mistakes, and move on.
Problem is that Miller has no value and the D-Backs have no leverage in any deal. Literally none. And when a team has a front office that struggles with negotiating fair deals, how do you expect to get anything of significance in return?

In this case, your best bet is to hope he improves and either hold on to him or trade when he has some value left.

OP
OP
unseenaz

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Problem is that Miller has no value and the D-Backs have no leverage in any deal. Literally none. And when a team has a front office that struggles with negotiating fair deals, how do you expect to get anything of significance in return?

In this case, your best bet is to hope he improves and either hold on to him or trade when he has some value left.

yup.

you have to keep him in the minors for the rest of the year. the rest of the year.

but, the FO will screw that up and bring him back up in a month or so thinking he'll improve his stock and confidence with some nice outings since he's seemingly "pieced it together in AAA" then he'll come back up here and get completely shelled again and now his confidence level for the off-season is shot.

leave him in the minors for the rest of the year!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson