Diamondbacks Promote Yasmany Tomas

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Million dollar question. Space somewhere will need to be made. Lamb was the hottest hitter on the team before his injury.

Pollock is entrenched in CF, but Inciarte leads the team with hits. So that leaves Trumbo and Peralta on the fringe. Trumbo brings much needed power to the lineup, and Peralta has shown potential against righties.

It's a sucky lose-lose situation and I'm glad I'm not calling the shots here. An unpopular decision will have to be made.

I don't know that I would call having too many talented players a " sucky lose-lose situation"

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just hope they don't overplay their hand like the last front office did. The cycle of supposedly dealing from a strength only to create massive holes in the roster killed us.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade Trumbo and Tomas and Lamb can both start.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
With a salary of about 90 mil we have to use all $$ wisely to it is an issue.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Can Lamb play SS?
I was thinking more of 2B, with Owings taking over SS.

I know that Ahmed has gotten a few singles and a double recently, but a little better than worst is still not good.

But according to everything I've researched about Lamb, his position is 3B. No record of his playing any other position.

If Tomas continues to dominate at-bat (and it looks like he will) and without major changes to move him to the outfield, Lamb is not serious compeition at 3B, no matter how good he looked for a brief time.

As the season progresses, the D-backs need to make some decisions and aim for a more traditional roster of starters and bench players.

If not, they will face the same problems as the Suns with their 2- and 3-Point Guard lineups. Eventually, the players who share positions will react.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
6 guys who should be starting, only 4 spots in the lineup. 2 of them are making over 40 mil? um, ok.

...And the other 4 are making 500k/year each.

Those 6 players contract total 14 Mil this season. 2.3M each for 6 players with the production these guys are putting out is an incredible bargain.

We have the 4th lowest payroll in MLB. If it weren't for the 15M in dead money from the last front office's mistakes, we'd have the lowest payroll in baseball and we're playing .500 ball without our best pitcher.

Last edited: